Tim Has Died
(03-25-2014, 02:09 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-25-2014, 06:36 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I haven't been to FE in awhile but I felt the need to bump this thread for Tim.  Even though we never met, I always loved his posts, his stories, and his devotion to Our Lady.  May he rest in peace.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.   Pray Pray Pray

I'm glad you bumped it. I've thought about what will happen to this thread in time. It will do as threads do -- end up on page 2, then 3, then, after some time, 97 or whatever. When I feel the time is right, I'm going to move this to the Oratory and pin it.

Donating to LiveMass, like John64 suggested, is a BRILLIANT idea. Tim would've loved that, I'm sure -- that and the parish linked to in his obituary (see first post's link).

Oh Captain, my Captain, I'm so glad you enrolled Tim in the RC Purgatorial Society! I didn't know about that, and you inspired me to add my family to it, too Smile

Vox, can you pin the thread?

I am definitely going to pin the thread when it's moved to the Oratory. Tim is just too much a part of this place not to.

In general, though, it's actually better to not pin an active thread. It's ironic, but pinned threads tend to get overlooked MUCH MORE relative to threads that aren't pinned. I want this thread to be seen, for people to pray for him.

In the Oratory, though, I want it pinned because I will move it there when it's become a non-active thread. I just can't stand the idea of this thread getting buried after time has passed such that folks don't have much to add to it. Pinning it in the Oratory sub-forum after it's stopped being "news" is, I think, the best tack to take in order to keep Tim in our thoughts for as long as this forum exists. And when I do that, I plan on adding his avatar picture to the original post and explaining to folks who haven't had the happiness of knowing Tim how important he is to all of us, and asking them to pray for him, too.
My condolences to Tim's family and friends.

I pray that Tim may rest peacefully in the company of saints.  He left a wonderful legacy, and will be missed and remembered by many, here.

Go forth, Christian soul, from this world
in the name of God the almighty Father,
who created you,
in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God,
who suffered for you,
in the name of the Holy Spirit,
who was poured out upon you.
Go forth, faithful Christian!
May you live in peace this day,
may your home be with God in Zion,
with Mary, the virgin Mother of God,
with Joseph, and all the angels and saints. . . .

May you return to [your Creator]
who formed you from the dust of the earth.
May holy Mary, the angels, and all the saints
come to meet you as you go forth from this life. . . .
May you see your Redeemer face to face.
Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen
Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen
I will miss this excellent poster and great Catholic, he was a great credit to this site, now i hope he is in the presence of the one who he stuck up for in life.
Oh, man, I just came across a post by Tim in the Sacred Scripture section. And I started tearing up... Cry Rest in peace, Tim.
My Lord.  I just heard. 

Tim was a good man.  Though I could only read his digital words through my computer screen, I could tell that he was a gentle soul. 

Be with God, Tim.  Lord, please accept that man under your roof. 
Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him, and may be rest in peace.

He was one of my favorite posters.  sad(
Tim was one of the posters I respected most here and one I tried to pray for.  Moreover, despite my...schism, I suppose you could say, it matters to me that he was a contributor to my initial conversion.  My prayers go out to his family and friends.  The tank will not be the same without him.