Tim Has Died
I am so thankful to have known Tim. he was such a kind-hearted and wise man, and I always enjoyed hearing him share his rich experiences, which were aged so well by many years of seeking the Lord. Tim truly had a gorgeous soul. May he rest in peace! There's a sweetness of having known someone like Tim, even amongst the bitter tears at his loss.

I'll have a Traditional Latin Mass said at my parish for him.

My fondest memory of him is from this thread in 2010:
(11-12-2010, 09:00 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Walking home from school today my six year old says to me "dad will I have a lesson in angletin tonight?" I replied "do you mean Latin?" he said "yes, Latin!" so we prayed the grace before meals and the grace after meals in Latin together!
(11-12-2010, 10:11 PM)Tim Wrote: His word Angeltin just tickles my heart and bring a grin.
tim

Which he revisited in 2013:
(08-02-2013, 05:44 PM)Tim Wrote: I believe in all souls even the confused, there is a love for Latin, and it's there and we know not why. Perhaps this thought of a small boy many years ago at about 8, is the answer. He thought the priest at Mass was speaking the languages of Angels. Many years later and just a few back from now, a Fisheater related his little son of about five, while he had him with him,  asked as they approached his house, and said, Daddy, are we going to pray before supper in Angeltin. He had confused Angels with Latin, but not really.

tim

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33354965
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33355020
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33915503
He will be very missed. 
Daniel
I've just come back from my neighbourhood pub. The only thing they had that was 'Italian' was Frangelico.  I don't know if Tim liked it or not, but I had a shot in his honour and memory. Will say the Parastas and the Office of the Dead for him later.
I'm also at a loss of words, he was such a joyful character on here.  sad(

I'll pray for him tonight, may he receive kind admittance to Heaven by Our Heavenly Father  Pray
Rest in peace.

He'll get a memento in the Canon at my Mass tomorrow.
(03-21-2014, 09:20 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: Rest in peace.

He'll get a memento in the Canon at my Mass tomorrow.

Bravo. Thank God for compassionate priests. This is true compassion: to commit spiritual acts of mercy, to pray for those who have departed.

Requiescat in pace, Timotheus.
I never met the guy in person, but this is really sad news. He was one of the first guys I interacted with on this forum and was very wise. My prayers go with you Tim!  Cry(
We only exchanged a messages a few times, but loved to lurk and read what Tim always had to say.Tim I will miss our brief virtual friendship, pray for me brother.
(03-21-2014, 08:42 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: I am so thankful to have known Tim. he was such a kind-hearted and wise man, and I always enjoyed hearing him share his rich experiences, which were aged so well by many years of seeking the Lord. Tim truly had a gorgeous soul. May he rest in peace! There's a sweetness of having known someone like Tim, even amongst the bitter tears at his loss.

I'll have a Traditional Latin Mass said at my parish for him.

My fondest memory of him is from this thread in 2010:
(11-12-2010, 09:00 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Walking home from school today my six year old says to me "dad will I have a lesson in angletin tonight?" I replied "do you mean Latin?" he said "yes, Latin!" so we prayed the grace before meals and the grace after meals in Latin together!
(11-12-2010, 10:11 PM)Tim Wrote: His word Angeltin just tickles my heart and bring a grin.
tim

Which he revisited in 2013:
(08-02-2013, 05:44 PM)Tim Wrote: I believe in all souls even the confused, there is a love for Latin, and it's there and we know not why. Perhaps this thought of a small boy many years ago at about 8, is the answer. He thought the priest at Mass was speaking the languages of Angels. Many years later and just a few back from now, a Fisheater related his little son of about five, while he had him with him,  asked as they approached his house, and said, Daddy, are we going to pray before supper in Angeltin. He had confused Angels with Latin, but not really.

tim

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33354965
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33355020
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33915503

I love this post... It just shows how Tim LISTENED to people and truly took DELIGHT in all the "little things" in life that add up to so, so much. 

What I loved most were his posts talking about his family and growing up dago (I can say that; I iz one).  Like his telling us about Peppino the Italian mouse, and how he used to sing the song, not understanding what he was saying, but delighting his family in the meanwhile. I can never, ever hear this song without thinking of Tim:

We had this thing worked out wherein we bought a few lottery tickets together a few times, with the hope of one of us striking it rich and making a force-to-be-reckoned with out of FishEaters. He wanted to set up an FE headquarters and evangelize from it, focus on the works of mercy, etc. -- sort of have a lay "religious" apostolate (I know that's an oxymoron, but you know what we meant).  I so wanted to hit that lottery and have him move here to Indy and have a place he could get in and out of easily -- and just be able to SEE him and hang out with him, sharing smokes and Amaretto and stories and Italian food. Just life. I love my brothers so, so much (I have two), and I felt like Tim was my third brother in a spiritual way. And I know my natural brothers would've loved him, too.

And here's something about Tim that I can reveal now that he's gone on:  the guy had nothing in material terms, ya know? He wasn't some rich guy; he was a sickly, overweight man who couldn't get around well and was living as far away from "high on the hog" as a person could get. But he was a "Gold Star Fishie" and would once in a while send in additional donations, which I'd "yell" at him about, but which he'd send anyway. Not frequently, but when he could. The Widow's Mite.

This place was a "second home" for him, a HUGE part of his social life. But for all he said he got out of it, he gave so much more. It's hard to put into words what his death means to me, really.  I just loved him. And still do.

I was telling a friend of mine, though, that I feel guilty for not having realized how long he was gone. My friend, another paisan', asked me "Hey, where's Tim been?" -- and only then did I stop and think about it, looked it up, and realized he'd been gone for THIRTEEN DAYS. And I didn't know. That's how my sense of time works (I'm so severely sleep-disordered that time and calendars are a big mental jumble). Plus I'm one of those people who can go without talking to folks for a long time and then just pick right back up as if we'd last talked yesterday. I didn't realize how long he'd been gone, and it was only after my friend asked about him that I realized he hadn't signed on for almost an entire fortnight. And then I got a hold of his family. It makes me feel like a really sucky friend. And then within mere days after learning what was up, he was "gone"

Sorry.. Just getting something off my chest here. I'm not wanting to turn this thread into anything about me, but I just feel bad and wanted to express my sorrow and feelings of guilt over this publicly. It's Lent and all. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea MAXIMA culpa. I so wish I'd known earlier, and I hate -- HATE -- to think of Tim being sick for almost TWO WEEKS without us KNOWING and sending him love and support. It just messes with my head to think of him during those two weeks. I hope he didn't feel "forgotten." He's a man who will NEVER be forgotten by me (unless I get Alzheimer's or something). He was just so very special and beautiful and full of love.

Jim really going to miss him around here.  Prayers for him and his family