Tim Has Died
rest in peace .. Tim
I just came from noon Mass and offered the intention for the repose of Tim’s soul. I feel overcome with emotion. I wonder if Tim knew when he started Lent that he’d be celebrating Easter in heaven, or on his way to heaven.  I can envision him with Our Lord and St. Joseph and his old pal Lazlo (remember Lazlo?) enjoying an Italian plate and a glass of wine, and discussing the Breviary. He is no longer in need of a wheelchair. It’s a comforting thought. Still my heart is so heavy. 

I'm hoping everyone will sign the guest book at his funeral home. You can only leave 250 words, alas, but it might be a comfort to his family:

http://www.herdegenfuneralhome.com/fh/ob...h_id=12569

Tim was so very much loved -- IS very much loved. Love is eternal, and Tim is eternal by partaking in the Divine Nature. Like SCG said, he's no longer ill. He had a good, holy death, with the Sacraments. He has the consolation of either being in Heaven or knowing he's en route. I hope he prays for us all and for this apostolate (FishEaters) that he loved so much.

Man, am I going to miss that guy. I sort of "expected" him to leave us on the 19th, St. Joseph's Day, thinking it would've been the perfect day. But like a friend told me earlier today, the day God chose is the perfect day, and she's right.

Prayers for Tim, and prayers for consolation for his family and for all of us who love him.

XO, Tim.
I will be offering my prayers as well as my Mass intentions for Tim.

May he rest in peace sad(
Eternal rest grant unto him,
O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen.

Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice.
Let Your ears be attentive to my voice in supplication.
If You, O Lord, mark iniquities, Lord, who can stand?
But with You is forgiveness, that You may be revered.
I trust in the Lord; my soul trusts in His word.
My soul waits for the Lord more than sentinels wait for the dawn.
More than sentinels wait for the dawn, let Israel wait for the Lord,
For with the Lord is kindness and with Him is plenteous redemption;
And He will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.

Eternal memory.
Eternal memory.
Grant to your servant,
O Lord, blessed repose and eternal memory.

Pray Pray Pray
It was a shock to see Tim pass away so suddenly. It's only a short while ago that he was involved in discussion on this forum. I'm sorry I didn't know him better,but he was obviously much loved.

I will pray for the repose of his soul.
Very sad. May he rest in peace.  Cry(
I think today was an appropriate day for Tim's call home.  Yesterday was Saint Joseph's but today is Saint Benedict's and we all know how much love and devotion our friend Tim had for the Monastic Office.  It seems to me that now Tim's ora et labora  can now truly begin in earnest!  I do not know if he's in heaven yet but I have the utmost confidence that he's at least in purgatory and let us not forget that Tim loved Our Lady dearly and I think we can take great comfort that he died wearing his scapular.  And tomorrow is Saturday. Smile

God bless you dear Tim, and may we get to see each other on the other side!  Lord have mercy upon him, Tim, pray for us!

Edit: just saw that his death was yesterday and not today.  sad( My point stil stands, it was on the Vigil of Saint Benedict's!  He past First Vespers I think. Smile
I have no words. I was offering up my Compline prayers for him, so it seems fitting to post the Canticle of Simeon:

Canticle Nunc dimittis

Ant. Protect us, * Lord, while we are awake and safeguard us while we sleep; that we may keep watch with Christ, and rest in peace.
(Canticle of Simeon * Luke 2:29-32)

2:29 Now thou dost dismiss thy servant, O Lord, ✝ * according to thy word in peace;
2:30 Because my eyes have seen * thy salvation,
2:31 Which thou hast prepared * before the face of all peoples:
2:32 A light to the revelation of the Gentiles, * and the glory of thy people Israel.

V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost.
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, * and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Ant. Protect us, * Lord, while we are awake and safeguard us while we sleep; that we may keep watch with Christ, and rest in peace.

Pray

This seems to be the place where Tim wanted donations made, instead of flowers sent:  http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/