Will Cardinal Burke be the One?
With confusion everywhere in the Church, especially coming from our Holy Father, many in my parish are wondering who within the clergy will stand up and say "enough is enough!" and take a stand against this accelerating liberal push within the Church.

Below is a rather strong quote from a recent interview with Cardinal Burke... which leads me to wonder, will be be the one?

What do you think?

"Only when we have a strong sense of the reality of the encounter with Christ in the Sacred Liturgy will we understand the truths of the faith and the moral life, and what they mean for our daily living. This sense is fostered by a manner of celebrating the Sacred Liturgy with our eyes fixed on Christ and not on ourselves. It should not surprise us that the period of post-Conciliar experimentation with the Sacred Liturgy, a period which was marked by so many liturgical abuses, was accompanied by a loss of faith and by moral decline. If the Sacred Liturgy is seen as a purely human activity, an invention of man, it will no longer be true communion with God and, therefore, will no longer nourish the faith and its practice in everyday living.

Taken from:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/english...the-family
I hope so. But who knows what kind of forces are against him in the Curia.
(03-21-2014, 07:55 PM)Pacman Wrote: I hope so. But who knows what kind of forces are against him in the Curia.

I'm afraid that the opposition from above the Curia may be clear enough.
Burke suggested on United States television that the new pope's first encyclical not be considered part of the magisterium.

Then he lost his job.

This is indicative of the strife in the Church.  Except that it isn't really any kind of 'fight' - there are very few Burkes.

What do you mean by "Will he be the one?"? Do you mean the next pope or something?
(03-21-2014, 10:45 PM)GodFirst Wrote: What do you mean by "Will he be the one?"? Do you mean the next pope or something?

The question was "With confusion everywhere in the Church, especially coming from our Holy Father, many in my parish are wondering who within the clergy will stand up and say "enough is enough!" and take a stand against this accelerating liberal push within the Church."
Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke is an upstanding man and a devoted prelate. He seems to be picking up the pace on his bravery, too.

Whether he will be or the "the one", I sure hope he's the one - let's phrase it this way!
1970 called, they want their thread back.
[Image: mgrlefebre_mgrmastromayer_1.jpg]

Those who resisted the changes in the Church have already made their stand, it's been almost 45 years. Cardinal Burke won't do anything important. These men, especially the more conservative ones, don't become bishops or cardinals without careful consideration. The Vatican has extensive psychological profiles on these men, somebody like Cardinal Burke was probably put under an electron microscope before he got a promotion. The modern day Church has the means of cherry picking obedient men into high ranks, there's no way we'll ever see an orthodox/traditional bishop rebelling.

Cardinal Burke will fall into obscurity as this pontificate goes on. I'm suprised he wasn't sent off to Alaska or Siberia, we already have a traditional-leaning bishop in Kazakhstan (aka the place the Soviets sent people to die) so it's no that far fetched  :grin:
I find that last bit both terrifying and humorous. As for Burke, I do not think he will do much more than he is doing now, but on the other hand if he does put his foot down, I also would not be too surprise. Burke is a holy man and I have no doubt that if God so wills, he could be the one to lead the opposition in regards to the so called liberal push active right now in the Church. Though, maybe not. Like most holy men he bears his sufferings silently so it is very hard to tell which way he would go.
Don't be surprised to see Cardinal Burke sent packing back to America to take over the Archdiocese of Chicago from an ailing Cardinal George who is also 77.