Pope: Repent or End Up in Hell
(03-23-2014, 06:46 AM)tridentinist Wrote: I don't want to be a bit of a negative nancy, but isn't condemning mobsters to hell just politically correct? I mean, the Pope is right, and it is refreshing to hear about hell, but it isn't controversial or anything. Now if the Pope were to say the same thing to those unmarried people living together, or contraceptors, or sodomites...then wake me up and tell me.

That's what I thought, too.
(03-23-2014, 11:11 AM)2HearsServant Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 06:46 AM)tridentinist Wrote: I don't want to be a bit of a negative nancy, but isn't condemning mobsters to hell just politically correct? I mean, the Pope is right, and it is refreshing to hear about hell, but it isn't controversial or anything. Now if the Pope were to say the same thing to those unmarried people living together, or contraceptors, or sodomites...then wake me up and tell me.

That's what I thought, too.

Three.

I'm hoping you meant "having sex together."  And I'm hoping by "sodomites" you mean people who engage in sodomy (including heterosexuals), not "homosexuals."

Anyway, your point is well-taken by me. But at least he spoke about the reality of Hell. Guess that's a good thing. And way too rare. Alas.

Yes, Vox - I did mean those who actually engage in that practice, and not those who simply have same sex attraction.

I dunno - it would be akin to going to the local Hell's Angel chapter house (or whatever they call it) and telling them they are actually going to hell.  I don't see many people lining up to do that.
(03-23-2014, 11:03 PM)tridentinist Wrote: Yes, Vox - I did mean those who actually engage in that practice, and not those who simply have same sex attraction.

I assumed that.. I was just wanting to make clear for folks reading over our shoulders :)