Us Fishies as a "Community"
(03-28-2014, 08:36 AM)maldon Wrote: I like the idea very much.

3 is perfect.

SCG perfect.

I can't say I am familiar enough with the "post-personality" of the good Cap'n, but I am fine with him if you all are.

I would want all three to declare explicitly that they will NEVER make our info public.

I declare explicitly that I would NEVER make anybody's info public.

Having been on a church list in the past where the personal information on that list became fodder for every person who became a real-state agent I have first hand experience of how obnoxious that can be. Furthermore, I build big-data storage appliances for a living, I get the whole data privacy/security thing more than most.

With that said, if anybody is uncomfortable with this, shoot a PM to Vox, I wouldn't be offended.
I'm definitely game! I even thought about this myself -and if a person was on FE enough and dedicated enough to give his address to strangers, then he must want to be hunted down should he go MIA. My only issue is that, as some of you may know (Tim knew), I don't have a computer at home. When I post at FE I am using my computer at work and I only work three our four days a week. Sometimes when I'm real busy I might have to "disappear" myself. I just never know. As Lent winds down and Holy Week approaches, you'll probably not see me again until after Easter. I hope to have a laptop soon, but that's not for sure. Anyway, I'm game. And I'm trustworthy. :-) Good idea, Vox!
CaptCrunch73 Wrote:I declare explicitly that I would NEVER make anybody's info public.

I declare it too!

Quote: Having been on a church list in the past where the personal information on that list became fodder for every person who became a real-state agent I have first hand experience of how obnoxious that can be. Furthermore, I build big-data storage appliances for a living, I get the whole data privacy/security thing more than most.

In the past I worked as a notary and secretary at a big adoption agency. I understand confidentiality! Maybe people would feel uncomfortable about me keeping private information on my computer at work. If you want me to wait until I get a computer at home, I understand totally.
I don't know if she was running for office, but Strict Catholic Girl gets my vote.

OK, then! Anyone who wants to be on the list, send their info to me, and I will get it to The Captain and The Girl. If you would, include:

Username used at forum (!!!!)
Real name
Phone number
Email
Name, phone number, and email of someone who's not you but who'd know about your welfare

Thanks, Capt'n and SCG!
Clare Mulligan
4504 Pine St Apt 2F
Philadelphia, PA 19143-6833
(215) 747-8201
clare.brigid.mulligan@gmail.com

There you go.  Anyone is free to contact me.
(03-29-2014, 10:16 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Clare Mulligan
4504 Pine St Apt 2F
Philadelphia, PA 19143-6833
(215) 747-8201
clare.brigid.mulligan@gmail.com

There you go.  Anyone is free to contact me.

Got it, Clare :)
If anyone plans on taking a break from FE it would help to announce it in the Hello/Goodbye thread. That would make us all breathe easier :))

Thanks!