Video of Pope Francis going to Confession
Grandpa Sam Reaches: Knock it off! Knock it off! You remind me of a couple of old women!
Ray Levoi: He speaks English?
Walter Crow Horse: Yeah, only when he’s really pissed off.

pio would also show off his stigmata by wearing big black gloves, was he too good for flesh tone ones?, at least though he was more humble that assisi with his protruding nail like stigmatas, (must be where pope francis gets his humility, amirite?). and dont get me started on the whole bilocation thing, showing off that he can be two places at once. whats wrong with being one place at a time?

(03-29-2014, 02:31 PM)Zea mays Wrote: pio would also show off his stigmata by wearing big black gloves, was he too good for flesh tone ones?, at least though he was more humble that assisi with his protruding nail like stigmatas, (must be where pope francis gets his humility, amirite?). and dont get me started on the whole bilocation thing, showing off that he can be two places at once. whats wrong with being one place at a time?
Lol yep.  I'm sorry, but to me this quote is no more unreasonable than hating on the Pope for what he did in this video.   
(03-29-2014, 02:40 PM)2HearsServant Wrote: ..... hating on the Pope for what he did in this video.   

How old are you?  This strikes me as a very juvenile reaction to the fact that you did not receive 100% unanimous agreement on weeping over a papal video.  "Hating on" is a typical adolescent reaction to disagreement over controversial political issues.  It's a term designed to divide and dramatize.  So you assume everyone who doesn't have an emotional reaction to a routine activity by every pope in Church history "hates on" the pope?
(03-29-2014, 02:04 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 02:00 PM)Tantum Ergo Sacramentum Wrote: I can imagine myself crying seeing the video, which I haven't yet because I like to read the posts first.  I would cry because I just love our holy faith.  To see anyone going to confession and see it filmed whether it was purposefully done for selfish reasons or not, moves my heart to the awesomeness and glory of the Most High God.  It is humbling just to witness.  I cry at Mass, at the beauty that Our Lord has blessed us with.  The sacred music,Liturgy, the "smells and bells", truly, for me, there is no discription for.  I love being Catholic.  I love it like nothing else!!

:)

That's a post I can cry to...if that's hammy? Then call me Porky.

We're Latins, most of us. I think we should call you Porkus :P
(03-29-2014, 02:58 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 02:40 PM)2HearsServant Wrote: ..... hating on the Pope for what he did in this video.   

How old are you?  This strikes me as a very juvenile reaction to the fact that you did not receive 100% unanimous agreement on weeping over a papal video.  "Hating on" is a typical adolescent reaction to disagreement over controversial political issues.  It's a term designed to divide and dramatize.  So you assume everyone who doesn't have an emotional reaction to a routine activity by every pope in Church history "hates on" the pope?

I doubt 2Hearts said what he did because he didn't get "100% unanimous agreement on weeping over a papal video." And he said nothing whatsoever about anyone not having an emotional reaction to the routine activity by ever Pope in Church History being haters of the Pope. There have been hateful comments about the Pope in this thread. I think it's clear he was responding to those.

(03-29-2014, 02:58 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:

Ma'am, it seems as if you have some kind of an axe to grind.  In your very first post, you accused me of assuming "that other popes were not humble...repentant, pious, or regular in the practice of the sacrament."  First of all, that is false, I do not feel that way.  Second of all, you are NOT in my head or my heart, and you have absolutely no way of knowing what I think or assume.  You know nothing about me, what I think about the Holy Father (other than he is, in fact, the pope), and in truth, it is you who introduced negativity into this thread and led others into condemning the actions of the pope.  I believe that it is, therefore, you who have attempted to "divide and dramatize," not me.  
And I am not required to run my comments by you before posting.  I will say whatever I please, and the moderator will discern if it is fit to remain.  If it sounds "juvenile" to you, you'll just have to deal with it or not read it, as I really don't care what you think about it.  Also, my feathers aren't ruffled. (Do you take exception to that phrase as well?)  I know we all have differing opinions, and that's okay by me.  There's just no reason to personally attack others and be...mean.  (I was going to say "straight up" mean, but...you know).   May Christ help us all to grow in love and endurance.  
(03-29-2014, 01:34 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 12:42 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 11:47 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Seriously, some trads need to pull the cactus out of their asses and lighten the eff up.

and other trads need to learn to discern charity toward their fellow trads, and stop making judgments about Catholics who are underwhelmed by a Pope's normal routine.  Still other trads need to understand that failure to weep at a Pope's spiritual obligation to engage in regular confession is not a sign of poor spiritual formation on the part of the non-weepers.  Still other trads should probably wash their mouths out with soap, or should have had parents who told them to do just that after using vulgar metaphors and foul language which emits contempt for fellow Catholics, while praising a pope doing nothing particularly spectacular.  The irony is not lost on some of us.

Following up on Vox's comment,

Don't turn this on us. You're the one who started making judgment calls and started insinuating that someone who was touched by this video of the Holy Father, implied that he was somehow insulting all previous pontificates.

I'm not emitting contempt for fellow Catholics as you so hypocritically claim (since you were the one holding contempt for Catholics who were moved by this video); I'm expressing my contempt for the bitter and hyper-critical caviling among trads who will never say anything good about Holy Father or his pontificate.

As for my foul language...while it's not becoming of a Catholic, it's not gravely sinful as say calumny...which I would argue certain Catholics on here engage in.

I see calumny far, far more often in the neo-Catholic's bag of tricks: one sees the stock ad hominem attacks against Traditionalists constantly, even from "professional" neo-Catholic apologists (I won't mention names, except for Mark Shea).

"Traditionalists think they're holier than the pope!"  (Never mind the basic lack of Catholic understanding inherent in the charge.)

"Traditionalists are all about superficiality!  They think the faith is 'smells & bells' [and counting Rosaries]."

"Traditionalists don't care at all about the poor!"

"Traditionalists don't 'like' the pope because they have something wrong with them!  That has to be the reason."

Turning an argument subjective is, of course, excellent evidence of a weakness of position.  The fact that these personal stereotypes are so prevalent (heck, even the pope uses them now) is perhaps all the evidence one needs to debunk the entire neo-Catholic worldview.
(03-29-2014, 01:50 PM)triumphguy Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 11:19 AM)Tantum Ergo Sacramentum Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 06:22 AM)FatherCekada Wrote: Francis, the "Humility Ham" again, providing the press with another one of his patented Humility Photo-Ops!

Francis the Moslem Foot-Washer, Francis the Back Seat Bus Passenger, Francis the Just-One-of-the-Boys-during-Retreat-Back-Pew-Sitter, Francis the Beer-Can-Opener-Pectoral-Cross-Wearer, Francis the Doc-Martens-Boot-Wearer, etc., etc., etc.

Will photos of these precious moments be put on mugs for Fr. Zuhlsdorf to sell?  :grin:

Can'r anyone see how obviously phony these self-serving photo ops are?

Did anyone else feel ashamed or dirty after reading this?  :pray: Miserere nobis!  :pray:
Yes, that's why I could only manage one word as a response. Any more I would have sunk to the same level of banal sneering.

You guys are great at calling out the public sins of others.  

While I agree that Fr. Cekeda's sarcasm seems to belie a bitterness that is, well, unfortunate, you're quite ignoring his point.

Frankly, it's a fact that Pope Francis intentionally draws attention to what the world has deemed are "humble" actions (an oxymoron in itself, isn't it?)  He has himself stated that he is quite aware that the world is watching all these acts of "humility" - which, actually, does give cause to question the depth of actual humility at work here.

But, actually, that's the subjective.  So what.  None of us can know the pope's heart.  He should be given the benefit of the doubt with regard to motives and intentions.

The bigger problem, which neo-Catholics apparently just can't really see, is that he's been "humbling" the very office of the Vicar of Christ.  

This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.harvestingthefruit.com/habemus-forsit/

It is very true that, in and of itself, a video of the supreme pontiff partaking of the Sacrament of Penance is not noteworthy one way or the other.  And if a person is moved by such a thing, the motivation could be holy respect for the office of Peter - a beautiful gift to the world.

However, when such things are in the news week after week after week, and each time the focus of commentary is on "humility" - as if motivation and disposition can be known to all - there is more going on.  And that is what some here are objecting to.
(03-29-2014, 01:34 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Don't turn this on us.

"us?"  Who's "us?"  Is this a political battle for you?  (Sure sounds like it)  This is about "sides," for you.  Emote about the Pope, or be accused of "hating" him and prove one's so-called disloyalty. I could descend to your preference for gutter language,  but prefer not to.

Quote:You're the one who started making judgment calls and started insinuating that someone who was touched by this video of the Holy Father, implied that he was somehow insulting all previous pontificates.

Never once.

Quote:I'm not emitting contempt for fellow Catholics as you so hypocritically claim

Your language (again) reveals the same contempt you keep expressing. ("hypocritically")  You wouldn't know who is "hypocritical,"  brother.  You attribute motives to people without any evidence whatsoever.

Quote: (since you were the one holding contempt for Catholics who were moved by this video);

I neither expressed nor felt "contempt" for fellow Catholics moved by a video.  I expressed surprise.  A chasm of difference.  Please learn some categories of distinction.

Quote:As for my foul language...while it's not becoming of a Catholic, it's not gravely sinful as say calumny...which I would argue certain Catholics on here engage in.

I have not engaged in calumny, even once on this forum.