Tabitha by Jeff Cavins
But there is a difference between having faith and knowing.  We all want to "know" rather than believe.  That's the real problem. . .  Isn't it?

Promptings come in all sorts of ways.  I remember a time when I encountered a man in Paris with HIV.  He was very ill, had no insurance, and could not afford treatment.  He was selling flowers on the subway and everyone was ignoring him.  I looked at him and I couldn't ignore it.  I didn't have any money, so I asked my dad for my allowance and I gave it to him.  Before I knew it, others were buying flowers too.  I still mist up thinking about it - some 20ish years later.  From the look of him, that man didn't have much time on this earth.  I can only hope that my actions brought him comfort that day.  It has been a long time since I've done something like that.  I think as we get older, we get preoccupied with our own lives and our own needs.  We ask God for answers to our own problems but stop listening for promptings that don't directly help us.  We get "hardened" to others' suffering.  Just my thoughts . . .

Messages In This Thread
Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by VoxClamantis - 04-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by winoblue1 - 04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Pinkerton - 04-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Fontevrault - 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Heorot - 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Pinkerton - 04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Heorot - 04-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by VoxClamantis - 04-03-2014, 06:17 PM