Tabitha by Jeff Cavins
(04-03-2014, 02:16 PM)Pinkerton Wrote: Forgive me for going a bit off-topic, but I think about this a lot too and am constantly praying for a "sign from God" such as the author of this story received. It seems like faith would come so much easier to me if I would receive one. I'd have 100% certainty that God exists. What a great gift that would be.

It's not really off-topic, but it is dangerous enough to merit a response.

Hear what our Lord Jesus Christ says:
Luke 4:12 Wrote:And Jesus answering, said to [Satan]: It is said: Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

No offense, but it is wrong to ask God and provoke Him for a miracle - especially now that the greatest miracle of all has come.
Luke 11:29 Wrote:And the multitudes running together, he began to say: This generation is a wicked generation: it asketh a sign, and a sign shall not be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

I am not saying you are wicked or faithless, but it is important to recognize that faith ... is by Faith! It is not by sight.

You want a sign from God? Jesus Christ is risen from the dead! (liturgical season notwithstanding  :grin: )

Please do not 'constantly' pray for a sign, or even at all. I used to do so, but I saw that it is faithless. God is the God of gods, the Lord of lords, and not a miracle-dispensing machine. He is a person (well, Three Persons), and so is personal.

You are meant to be the sign to others. Embody Christ. When you become a sign of contradiction, living a life of mercy, love, and holiness, then you will see great miracles and signs. Become holy, and God will bring you to the truth through the right way.
John 20:29 Wrote:Jesus saith to him: Because thou hast seen me, Thomas, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and have believed.

We believe, we are brought into communion with the Father and the Son by the Holy Spirit, and we are given everlasting life. What sort of miracle do you want beyond this? Such a glorious miracle has already occurred in your Baptism: the dead made alive, the lost was found, the mortally-wounded was healed, and the unrighteous was made righteous. It is a pledge to be kept by you. Make good on it, and the signs of Christ will flow. :) We must make effort; we are not passive Miracle-Receivers.
Acts 17:31 Wrote:GOD hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men by raising Jesus Christ from the dead.

Messages In This Thread
Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by VoxClamantis - 04-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by winoblue1 - 04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Pinkerton - 04-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Fontevrault - 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Heorot - 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Pinkerton - 04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by Heorot - 04-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Re: Tabitha by Jeff Cavins - by VoxClamantis - 04-03-2014, 06:17 PM