Third Temple to Be Built?
(04-03-2014, 05:27 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Amongst Jews, how many are actually religious enough to really want to rebuild the Temple in order to resume sacrifice? As far as animal sacrifice goes, wouldn't there be international uproar that heifers were being bled out and burnt for ritual sacrifice?Also, how many of the strict "Orthodox" style Jews actually want a return to pre Talmudic practices? Just throwing this out there, I mean, I certainly don't have the answers.

My guesses: 

1. a very tiny minority -- but that's all it takes
2. Yes, there' be uproar, but you know, antisemitism, the Shoah, shut up, etc.
3. The coming of a Messiah who'll rule the world from the new Temple is the whole goal of post-Temple Judaism, as I understand things...
(04-03-2014, 06:03 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 05:27 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Amongst Jews, how many are actually religious enough to really want to rebuild the Temple in order to resume sacrifice? As far as animal sacrifice goes, wouldn't there be international uproar that heifers were being bled out and burnt for ritual sacrifice?Also, how many of the strict "Orthodox" style Jews actually want a return to pre Talmudic practices? Just throwing this out there, I mean, I certainly don't have the answers.

My guesses: 

1. a very tiny minority -- but that's all it takes
2. Yes, there' be uproar, but you know, antisemitism, the Shoah, shut up, etc.
3. The coming of a Messiah who'll rule the world from the new Temple is the whole goal of post-Temple Judaism, as I understand things...

Very interesting. This is something I need to look into, especially point 3.
Until the Dome of the Rock blows up, it's all talk, and hardly worth listening to.