Sister Jane Tells It Like It Is

From The American Catholic:

Sister Jane Tells It Like It Is
Published Friday, March 28, A.D. 2014 | By Donald R. McClarey

In a testament to just how bad so much of what passes for Catholic education is today, note this reaction to Sister Jane Dominic Laurel preaching basic Catholic doctrine:

Charlotte Catholic High School has invited parents to a meeting Wednesday night to air concerns many of them – and their kids – had about a recent speaker’s comments about homosexuality, divorce and single parents.

Sister Jane Dominic Laurel, a Dominican nun based in Nashville, Tenn., addressed a student assembly on March 21. Days later, some students launched an online petition that called her comments “offensive and unnecessarily derogatory.”

A record of the comments  was not available. But students attending told their parents she criticized gays and lesbians and made inflammatory remarks about single and divorced parents.

The petition, which has drawn more than 2,000 supporters, listed 10 objections to her remarks, including this: “We resent the fact that a schoolwide assembly became a stage to blast the issue of homosexuality after Pope Francis said in an interview this past fall that ‘we can not insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods.’ We are angry that someone decided they knew better than our Holy Father and invited (this) speaker.”

Vox Wrote:Oh, brother! What does the word "only" mean to these people? Are they really that stupid?

Some students told their parents that a few teachers left the assembly in tears.

In addition, parents called for a letter-writing campaign, sending out emails that listed the addresses of the Diocese of Charlotte, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, even the pope in the Vatican.

Shelley Earnhardt, who is divorced and who sent one of the emails, wrote that “in my home, there was outrage, embarrassment, sadness, disbelief, and further reason for my 16-year-old to move as far away from her religion as possible and as soon as she can.”

Other parents faulted the school for not notifying them about the sensitive nature of Laurel’s planned remarks. “It’s too big of a topic for parents to be surprised,” said Casey Corser.

Diocese spokesman David Hains acknowledged parents were not told ahead of time that Laurel would speak. But he said she has spoken frequently in the diocese and has a doctoral degree in sacred theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome.

“We have seen the petitions, and we have gotten the emails,” Hains said. “And we really hope to be able to answer their questions and address their concerns” at the meeting, which he said will be closed to the media.

The Rev. Tim Reid, pastor of St. Ann Catholic Church, sent an email lauding the nun, saying “she represented well the Catholic positions on marriage, sex, same-sex attraction and proper gender roles … The Church has already lost too many generations of Catholic schools students to … a very muddled and watered-down faith.”

Go here to read the rest.  (The comments illustrate the de facto schism that exists within the Church.)  Quite a few people who call themselves Catholic in this country really aren’t in any meaningful way.  They do not believe what the Church teaches and are morally often very far from the Church indeed.  Someone who is a bad Catholic, and understands that fact, and still loves what the Church teaches even if they do not live by it, is one thing.  People who claim to be Catholic but who despise Church teaching are another.  Those who cannot bear to hear Catholic truth taught really are wasting their time hanging around Catholic schools and churches.  They are a menace to believing Catholics who long for the pure, unvarnished Faith and are not given it due to too many priests lacking the intestinal fortitude of Sister Jane.  The complaining students and their parents should be told that if they are not actual Catholics they need to get out of the school and stop attempting to hinder real Catholics from hearing the Faith.  Bravo Sister Jane!

Sounds like a lot of guilty consciences in Charlotte. :((  A shepherd who refuse's to teach The Truth, is a wolf leading the sheep to the slaughter. For over forty years Satan has one the language battle and Rome has bought it hook line and sinker. Note the language used in the article, "gay," "lesbian," and "homosexual." This is the language of Satan the father of lies.

"Sodomite is the most accurate, loving word."

http://baylyblog.com/blog/2011/12/sodomi...ord-part-i
(04-02-2014, 10:01 PM)tarpeian Wrote: Sounds like a lot of guilty consciences in Charlotte. :((  A shepherd who refuse's to teach The Truth, is a wolf leading the sheep to the slaughter. For over forty years Satan has one the language battle and Rome has bought it hook line and sinker. Note the language used in the article, "gay," "lesbian," and "homosexual." This is the language of Satan the father of lies.

"Sodomite is the most accurate, loving word."

http://baylyblog.com/blog/2011/12/sodomi...ord-part-i

Sigh.
Vox,

My wife and I take our kids and 10-20 other kids, depending on the week over to "Planned Parenthood" the murder mill. Ninety percent of the, time (my best guess) when we silently pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet out front, we get a mix of thumbs up and the one finger salute. The days I take the graphic signs, showing the slaughtered babies that have been ripped to pieces, seventy-eighty percent of the time, I get the most vile and vulgar reactions you can imagine. I even had one guy swerve to hit me with his car. The youth that we take have seen this phenomena and now know The Truth which Father Pavone states:  "America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion."