Bono: "Jesus Was Either the Messiah or a ... Nutter."
CaptCrunch73 Wrote:While I usually fall into into the "Shut Up and Sing Camp" where it involves musicians, I'll shut my own mouth and post this link from EF containing a video from Bono. Note how befuddled the interviewer is...

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2014...utter.html
I am usually wary of celebrities talking about Jesus in any way, shape, or form. Bono has always struck me as a man who was simply a garden variety liberal progressive, so to hear him calmly say I believe Jesus was divine and he rose from the dead surprises me. I would imagine that Bono isn't a model orthodox catholic, but the fact that he said what he said in the above clip is no small feat given our present culture. Good for him, and I'll keep him in my prayers. What a sight it would be if Bono became a TLM going catholic layman. You can always hope.
(04-02-2014, 04:43 PM)MeanGene Wrote: I am usually wary of celebrities talking about Jesus in any way, shape, or form. Bono has always struck me as a man who was simply a garden variety liberal progressive, so to hear him calmly say I believe Jesus was divine and he rose from the dead surprises me. I would imagine that Bono isn't a model orthodox catholic, but the fact that he said what he said in the above clip is no small feat given our present culture. Good for him, and I'll keep him in my prayers. What a sight it would be if Bono became a TLM going catholic layman. You can always hope.

Hear, hear.
(04-02-2014, 04:43 PM)MeanGene Wrote: I am usually wary of celebrities talking about Jesus in any way, shape, or form. Bono has always struck me as a man who was simply a garden variety liberal progressive, so to hear him calmly say I believe Jesus was divine and he rose from the dead surprises me. I would imagine that Bono isn't a model orthodox catholic, but the fact that he said what he said in the above clip is no small feat given our present culture. Good for him, and I'll keep him in my prayers. What a sight it would be if Bono became a TLM going catholic layman. You can always hope.

I've been a U2 fan since college. My understanding is that Bono and two of the other members of U2 are born again. While I wouldn't call them a Christian band many, many of their songs are Christ centered. For example the song Drowning Man is supposed to be a song for the base player who is the only non Christian in the band. The song October is about God. The song 40 is a based on one of the Psalms. I could go on.

While I doubt very much we'll see Bono, or any of the other members of U2 at either and OF or EF form of the Mass it's good to see him speaking about God in the media.
Captain Crunch  ye of little faith, if you pray Bono and the other 2 will be using their fortune one day to promote the EF of the Mass and Tradition! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Well, come April 27th, Bono's glasses will be a 2nd class relic.

[Image: bono-pope-john-paul-ii.jpg]
That's a stock slogan from my childhood born-again days. "Jesus was either crazy or he was God," is the way I heard it. Spend enough time with born-againers, and you'll hear it over and over.

Wow. Bono is born-again. My mind is truly blown, but I am just not interested enough to click on that link. Maybe one day...