Official Debates on This Forum

OK, this topic came up in a different thread, so I split it off to make a new thread out of it, just devoted to the idea of getting some official debates going. Seems that a lot of people like the idea, so we need:

1) topics
2) folks who want to debate
3) names of folks others would want to see involved in a debate

So keep the ideas coming! Who would you like to see debate whom -- and about what?
I don't know who should do these debates, but I'd be interested in the following topics (I'll be general here, but they can get more specific too).

Debate #1
SSPX vs Traditional Catholic  - Obviously why one is right and the other wrong.  And I know that SSPX would be considered traditional Catholics by many, but hopefully you all understand what I'm trying to say here.

Debate #2
Should the NO Mass be eliminated entirely, or simply required to be performed properly?

Debate #3
I don't know how many Orthodox visit these forums, but I'd be interested in a 'traditional Catholic vs Orthodox' debate (which is the one true church, ect)

Debate #4
Anything Traditional Catholic vs Anything Protestant

Debate #5
Apple vs Microsoft...OK, maybe not this one.
I'm happy to see agreement on my request  for debates on the forum  :)    I'll add some suggestions to the list. How about #6 communion on the tongue versus in the hand. #7 Catholic versus Eastern Orthodox view on the papacy #8 New mass versus Traditional mass. Is the old mass theologically and doctrinally superior to the new mass. Why or why not?

#9 The consecration of Russia, done or not?
topic idea: old hymns vs new hymns - which are better?
I would rather enjoy a debate between a proponent of clasical theism and an intellectually convinced atheist. I think that such an exchange would be rather edifying.
(04-03-2014, 10:52 PM)Michael Levanduski Wrote: Debate #1
SSPX vs Traditional Catholic  - Obviously why one is right and the other wrong.  And I know that SSPX would be considered traditional Catholics by many, but hopefully you all understand what I'm trying to say here.

I would happily take up defense of the diocesan trad' position in debate 1.  :)
A formal debate upon whether Vatican II can be reconciled with the Church that came before would also be good.  I'll take up the affirmative position.  :)

OK, that's enough topic ideas. I've made a poll of all of them. Please vote! The poll is in this thread:  http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...154.0.html