Why does the Church keep shooting itself in the foot?
This Catholic reads it, because this Catholic has made over 760 posts in the comment sections of the news stories supporting the church and refuting the drivel that gets posted there. And this Catholic get lots of abuse and derision for taking the stand that I do.

These are some of the (,more polite and printable) responses to me:

Many with mental illness see themselves in that persecuted prophet role.
Please would you see a doctor soon?

Religitards who spend all of their time obsessing about 'sin' are likely sexually repressed and guilt-ridden re their own sexual desires.
I wonder if the bigoted christians on CiF actually enjoy sex?

Yeah, slight problem there with your methodology, obviously.
But hey, don't let minor details such as actual evidence get in the way of your unquestioningly credulous and highly emotive belief system.

To your 'the Catholic church holds women in the highest respect'. What nonsense. In fact, 'officially, women are held to be less important than men by the Catholic church' (former president Jimmy Carter, yesterday).

Jovan: Don't you think Catholics should be in that arena sticking up for their beliefs and showing the rest that we're proud and not afraid of them? ???

Also, the fact that the Guardian is what it is and obviously relishes anything that demeans or debases the Church doesn't mean that there is no truth in the news articles. And where it demeans and debases I think that's where some Catholics should be, fighting back.
(04-09-2014, 11:45 PM)triumphguy Wrote: This Catholic reads it, because this Catholic has made over 760 posts in the comment sections of the news stories supporting the church and refuting the drivel that gets posted there. And this Catholic get lots of abuse and derision for taking the stand that I do.

These are some of the (,more polite and printable) responses to me:

Many with mental illness see themselves in that persecuted prophet role.
Please would you see a doctor soon?

Religitards who spend all of their time obsessing about 'sin' are likely sexually repressed and guilt-ridden re their own sexual desires.
I wonder if the bigoted christians on CiF actually enjoy sex?

Yeah, slight problem there with your methodology, obviously.
But hey, don't let minor details such as actual evidence get in the way of your unquestioningly credulous and highly emotive belief system.

To your 'the Catholic church holds women in the highest respect'. What nonsense. In fact, 'officially, women are held to be less important than men by the Catholic church' (former president Jimmy Carter, yesterday).

Jovan: Don't you think Catholics should be in that arena sticking up for their beliefs and showing the rest that we're proud and not afraid of them? ???

Also, the fact that the Guardian is what it is and obviously relishes anything that demeans or debases the Church doesn't mean that there is no truth in the news articles. And where it demeans and debases I think that's where some Catholics should be, fighting back.

Man, that sounds a lot like the posts I get in my replies to other news outlets.  It is crazy, but I think that if I can just be a light to one that it is a good thing.  There are people that I still pray for, by the way, can you pray for Deb and Opinionated One, they are a couple on my list.  Take Opinionated One, they were Catholic and are totally against the Church now.  They are out there. 
Triumphguy, have you considered stopping, or taking a break, from posting on that site? While what you are doing is laudable my fear from what you posted is that is your own faith is being impacted. Your own faith is most important. The experience you've shared in this thread brings to mind why we are called the church militant, it's a constant battle.
Yes I have considered it, and have backed off quite a bit.

I just hate ceding the floor to the anti-Catholics.