Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens?
(04-09-2014, 09:54 PM)maldon Wrote: I have to say, though. If I had been "under the Vatican library" since 1998, I'm pretty sure my head would not look normal!

ROFL I totally missed that one!  Isn't it just NUTS how people think of the Church? They make Her -- the very Bride of CHRIST, one with Him in the Flesh -- to be the font of everything bad when, in reality, She is the source of Western civilization, the Creatrix of hospitals and soup kitchens and universities and all the Christian virtues that seculars take for granted as "good" without having a reason for it. All the "Inquisiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiition" stuff, the Crusades, Galileo, the accusations of misogyny and hatred of homosexuals, accusations of pedophilia, "anti-semitism" and "Hitler's Pope" - and now ALIENS. If it weren't so sacrilegious, it'd be fascinating. Well, actually it's fascinating in spite of the sacrilege, but the sacrilege makes it more painful than fascinating.

I actually saw this posted at Slate Magazine yesterday:

"Why don't Xtians just die already? Seems like they should have by now."

Replace "Xtians" with "Jews" and that person would be hated by all, would be fired if her employer saw that,could well end up on some government watch list, and might be given a good talking-to by Foxman, et al. But with "Xtians," it's all peachy.  It's absolutely astounding how people "can't" see that sort of hatred for what it is. And the fact that such comments are very, very common is really scary as Hell. And it's almost beyond belief how quickly that sort of attitude has risen to prominence. Think of the world of the 1950s, for ex. And think of now -- a mere 60 years later. The power of the media and public education is truly phenomenal.

Messages In This Thread
Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by VoxClamantis - 04-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Re: Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by PrairieMom - 04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Re: Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by oldtopaz - 04-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Re: Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by Maldon - 04-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Re: Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by VoxClamantis - 04-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Re: Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by jovan66102 - 04-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Re: Is the Vatican Hiding Aliens? - by loggats - 04-10-2014, 04:33 AM