Burning Blessed Palms
(04-12-2014, 06:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 06:16 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Why go to that place -- which gives FE a red light warning, telling people not visit this place -- when I've got the info here on FE -- and when they "dumb down" such historic Catholic devotions as "not recommended" or "superstitious"?

Mea culpa! Sorry, Vox! I did a Google search for 'burning blessed palms' and it was the first thing that came up. Full disclosure: I had to close a begging popup before I could view the article. :LOL:

Eh, s'all good, Jovan.. It's just that people posting stuff from other websites when it involves stuff I already have -- and esp. when it comes to posting stuff from websites that slander me -- is a major pet peeve of mine. And, if I understand how Google works, your having clicked that site for that search value ("burning palms") even ups their rank for that return. So it's "getting" FE twice. BTW, FE has a site search engine on the front page! I'd love it if people tried there first -- or, better, used Google and, scrolling a page or two as necessary, use that way to get the URL to an FE article! Sigh!

(04-12-2014, 06:42 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 06:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 06:16 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Why go to that place -- which gives FE a red light warning, telling people not visit this place -- when I've got the info here on FE -- and when they "dumb down" such historic Catholic devotions as "not recommended" or "superstitious"?

Mea culpa! Sorry, Vox! I did a Google search for 'burning blessed palms' and it was the first thing that came up. Full disclosure: I had to close a begging popup before I could view the article. :LOL:

Eh, s'all good, Jovan.. It's just that people posting stuff from other websites when it involves stuff I already have -- and esp. when it comes to posting stuff from websites that slander me -- is a major pet peeve of mine. And, if I understand how Google works, your having clicked that site for that search value ("burning palms") even ups their rank for that return. So it's "getting" FE twice. BTW, FE has a site search engine on the front page! I'd love it if people tried there first -- or, better, used Google and, scrolling a page or two as necessary, use that way to get the URL to an FE article! Sigh!

Actually, I'll bet if I had entered my search term followed by 'Fish Eaters' I probably wouldn't even have had to scroll! :)
(04-12-2014, 06:44 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Actually, I'll bet if I had entered my search term followed by 'Fish Eaters' I probably wouldn't even have had to scroll! :)

You made me look! Just the search term "burning blessed palms" brings an FE return on the very first page (two of them, actually -- the first one to this thread, I think LOL -- and the second to the FE page on Blessed Palms)  I'm very blessed to get good Google rankings!

Interesting thread. I too have a  tangential question, I finally learned to make palm crosses with my palm, but I ended up with little bits and pieces.  Since these palms are considered a holy sacramental, what should one do with these bits?    In the past, I just folded the palm and placed it beside my bedroom crucifix.  ???
(04-15-2014, 12:02 AM)Catholic-Booklady Wrote: Interesting thread. I too have a  tangential question, I finally learned to make palm crosses with my palm, but I ended up with little bits and pieces.  Since these palms are considered a holy sacramental, what should one do with these bits?    In the past, I just folded the palm and placed it beside my bedroom crucifix.   ???

Save those bits to burn during special prayers - esp. during bad storms!

When next year comes around and you have new bits and need to dispose of the old ones, see this page for disposing of worn out sacramentals:  http://www.fisheaters.com/sacramentalsintro.html

(04-15-2014, 12:37 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 12:02 AM)Catholic-Booklady Wrote: Interesting thread. I too have a  tangential question, I finally learned to make palm crosses with my palm, but I ended up with little bits and pieces.  Since these palms are considered a holy sacramental, what should one do with these bits?    In the past, I just folded the palm and placed it beside my bedroom crucifix.   ???

Save those bits to burn during special prayers - esp. during bad storms!

When next year comes around and you have new bits and need to dispose of the old ones, see this page for disposing of worn out sacramentals:  http://www.fisheaters.com/sacramentalsintro.html
  Thank you.  I will.