Priest Texting During Confessions
(04-15-2014, 03:57 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: How about going to confession and the priest having his little dog in there? I also saw the same priest bring the dog into church for a weekday morning mass and give it to a lady in the front pew to watch. It was well behaved and all but I don't know.....

dogs are OK - but I'd draw the line at parrots.... who knows what they would repeat?
On the positive side, I like how the children were quick to give the priest the benefit of the doubt. I wish I had that.
(04-15-2014, 05:27 PM)triumphguy Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 03:57 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: How about going to confession and the priest having his little dog in there? I also saw the same priest bring the dog into church for a weekday morning mass and give it to a lady in the front pew to watch. It was well behaved and all but I don't know.....

dogs are OK - but I'd draw the line at parrots.... who knows what they would repeat?

LOL Reminds me of a recent news item I read in the past week or so. From the UK's Daily Mail:

The Dead (Rude) Parrot Sketch: Potty-mouthed African Grey kicked out of garden centre for squawking a string of rude words

Several customers complained about parrot in Ashton, Greater Manchester
    Ruby 'picked up some naughty words and decided to say them repeatedly'
    She has now been moved from the shop floor for her continual swearing
    Centre owners Norcutts: 'We've no idea where she's learned it from'

By Dan Bloom
Published: 15:07 EST, 1 April 2014 | Updated: 16:36 EST, 1 April 2014

A foul-mouthed parrot has been kicked out of a garden centre after customers complained she was turning the air blue with a string of rude words.

Ruby the African Grey was put on display at the Norcutts Garden Centre in Ashton, Greater Manchester - but came under fire for her non-stop swearing, which staff say is getting much worse.

They have had to remove Ruby from the shop floor for fears her profane language could offend more customers or be picked up by children.

All is not lost, however - as they are hoping to re-educate Ruby with a more polite vocabulary and return her to public display so she can find a loving home.

A spokesman for Norcutts said: 'We decided to remove her from the centre after receiving a number of complaints about her repeating rude words, and her content was getting much worse.

'We've no idea where she's learned it from, but we felt it would be best to take her off the shop floor.

'It's a very funny incident, but hopefully Ruby can soon return.'

The first customers knew of Ruby's punishment was when a sign appeared on her cage announcing what had happened.

It said: 'Ruby our African Grey parrot has picked up some naughty words and has decided to say them repeatedly.

'We can only offer our apologies if this causes offence.'

It added: 'Please do not put fingers or objects through the bars of Ruby's cage as she may bite.'

The message was picked up by the local MP for Stalybridge and Hyde, Labour's Jonathan Reynolds, who spotted it on a family day out on Sunday and posted it on Twitter.

'We'd been out for a Mother's Day meal and decided to take the kids over to the garden centre to look at the animals,' he said.

'Ruby was still there at this point but thankfully she was on her best behaviour and we didn't hear a single swear word from her.'

African Greys have been dubbed the Einsteins of the parrot world for their intelligence.

A 2012 study found the birds were capable of thinking at the same intellectual level as a young human child.

Scientists at the University of Vienna in Austria put the parrots in front of two opaque boxes, one of which contained a piece of walnut which rattled when shaken.

More times than could simply be put down to chance, the parrots chose the rattling box - correctly deducing that there must be food inside.

Over time, when presented with the two boxes, they could even guess that the food was in the second box straight away when the first made no noise.

Now if parrots could learn to text instead of opening their beaks that would solve a lot of problems.
(04-15-2014, 08:43 PM)triumphguy Wrote: Now if parrots could learn to text instead of opening their beaks that would solve a lot of problems.

Great. Just what we need. MORE texting. "Pol wanna crker... Pol wanna crker... Prty boy... Prty boy! How r u?"  Bleh!  Then, ironically, they'll be tweeting. And playing Angry Birds. Then it's on to videos like this: 

And then they get so busy with that crap, they fail to reproduce. Way to go on making another species extinct, Triumph Guy!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(04-15-2014, 05:37 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: From http://connecticutcatholiccorner.blogspo...l?spref=tw:

Priest on cell phone while hearing confessions...

Yeah, you heard that right.

On Monday night, my children and I went to a local parish for Confession. There were two women before us and soon after our arrival several other people came in. When our turn came I went in first and everything was as usual- not so for my children.

My youngest went right after me and after a few moments everyone in the pews could hear a cell phone going off.  I didn’t pay much attention to it because I thought it was coming from downstairs in the parish hall, but when my daughter came out her eyes were huge and she gave me ‘that look’ and whispered “Did you hear the cell phone?”

I nodded and shushed her, but she continued, “Father’s cell phone went off when I was confessing and I didn’t know if I should keep talking or let him finish with his call.”

My mouth dropped open.

I simply could not believe a priest would bother taking his cell phone into the Confessional with him, but since I had just confessed my own sins I didn’t want to create new ones by getting angry about it.  I shrugged it off as “He must have forgotten to turn it off” and I let it go.

My eldest daughter went in, came out, prayed and we all left the parish.  Once in the car, my youngest brought up the cell phone ringing during her confession and my eldest responded, “You think that is bad, Father was TEXTING during my confession.”

I hit the breaks on the car and turned around with a “WHAT?”

Her thoughts on all this at the original link...
I am tempted to ask where this priest is so that I can say my worst sins.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(04-15-2014, 04:28 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:

That doesn't bother me at all, if it's a good doggy.  The sick thing, though -- and I've actually heard of this -- is people giving the Eucharist to their dogs.  I love me some scoobs, but that is blasphemous. Besides which, dogs are in no need of the Blessed Sacrament ( 'cause "all dogs go to Heaven" :P ) People are so messed up, so uneducated or misinformed (or worse, just plain sacrilegious).

Remembering, of course, that when nature calls, dogs will answer it, regardless of where they happen to be.