What will we do about this protestant Priest?

Depending on the laws in your state about recording people, get him saying all this stuff on "tape" (i.e., record it) and Youtube it and also send it to Rome. Once Youtubed, give me the URL, send it to Regina Coeli, the Remnant, etc. Make a fuss and get loud about it. Enough is enough.

(04-20-2014, 09:51 PM)Tx2Step Wrote: Petition might be the word you're looking for.

................................... :O

that's the word
(04-20-2014, 07:42 PM)Canisius12 Wrote: Break out the brass knuckles and use the tactics of the Left, if you can get enough people occupy the parish and refuse to leave. Let this pathetic priest know you mean business, he sounds suspect, I would have followed, and if he is found to be doing immoral things, take photos and blackmail him. Folks praying does only so much, it is way past time to get serious we are fighting for our souls every options should be on the table...Make the diocese hear you

Adopting the revolutionary tactics of the left is not a good idea. Despite what we as moderns are lead to believe, an individual does not have the right to disregard legitimate laws to affect the suspension of a bad law or official. Forcibly occupying the church will undoubtedly  be against various laws and ordinances wherever the OP may live. Blackmail is certainly illegal as well. Yes we are fighting for souls, but disregarding law and order isn't an acceptable tactic for Catholics to engage in.

It is true of course that we have a moral obligation in certain situations to resist laws if they require us to perform or comply with evil, but your above suggestions don't fit the criteria. That's not to say I don't get where you're coming from. I'm extremely frustrated with the present state of the church and engaging in the dirty tactics of the left feels like it would be a good release of my frustration. However we have to remember that most revolutionaries die bloody for a reason. Not to be clichéd, but we reap what we sow, and it is time that good Catholics stop sowing the left's evil seed.  Doing so has gotten us into the present situation and no doubt helped create this pitiful specimen of a priest.
Has it occured to anybody that maybe we should pray for him?
(04-21-2014, 01:55 AM)Poche Wrote: Has it occured to anybody that maybe we should pray for him?

Not to be smart, but I thought that was a given...I hope we all can pray for him.
(04-20-2014, 08:58 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: I would be cautious in declaring a person to be in 'schism'. I say this as a traditional Catholic who has himself been unjustly and most injuriously accused of being 'schismatic', by my own (former) best friend. (It happened in a cafe in Glasgow actually.) Nevertheless, I sympathise with yourself and the OP. Schism is something that is strictly determined by a specific criteria in canon law. It is not a label we should throw around willy-nilly.

I truly appreciate where you are coming from with this, sadly far too many people do throw these words around however they see fit, more often than not to insult and score points.  But this is actually a textbook case of schism.  Canon 751 defines schism as "the refusal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him."  Removing the prayer for the Holy Father from the Roman Canon (Eucharistic Prayer) is on its own enough to clearly say someone is a schismatic.  But also removing the prayer for the bishop?  As I said, this is a textbook example.
(04-20-2014, 02:37 PM)LoyalVIews Wrote: We have a new parish priest.

He will change the wording of the Mass to avoid referencing God as "him", "he", "his", "father's", and so forth. Usually he replaces them with God or God's, Trinity or Trinity's, and only says Father during the Pater Noster.

As well, he completely re-words the Eucharistic prayer to avoid any reference to the Pope, Bishop, and all the clergy. He banned Marian hymns, yet my parish is more or less FOUNDED on Marian devotion and Eucharistic devotion.

We're all having trouble with him, and five or six of us have gone up and asked him why he does what he does. He never defends himself, he just says "well it's hard to accept something that's new."

My question is: what steps do I take now? The bishop doesn't care because he put him here, knowing what he was like. This isn't the first time he's got in trouble.

First ask him why he is willing to praise a ham sandwich but not the Mother of God.
I think the whole church is praying for him now - even the Anglicans in the next town over, who have a sung Mass each Sunday believe it or not (not valid, I know, but look at that comparison)