breastfeeding in church and in public
(05-22-2014, 09:55 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: First and foremost I think there needs to be education on the matter. Before we go creating or removing laws (heavy handed), we need to sit down and discuss the concerns of both side without the flame throwers.

But what are the "sides"? Those who think women should be able to feed their children in public places -- and those who don't?

Quote: As you said, there is a power dynamic at play. Men may have a temporary physical advantage, but that disappears quite quickly when the police power of the state gets involved. Feminists point, say poof, and a man is ready to be hanged. If women are going to be allowed to exercise that power then something has to be put in place to put a check on that power. No one should have unrestrained power physical or political.

I absolutely agree that the radical feminists' effects on our laws need to be changed -- but am not sure what this has to do with breastfeeding...

Quote: So a naked man behind a window is more threatening than a naked woman behind a woman? I think we're assuming here that the man is meaning to expose himself to incite sexual activity where as the woman is just "innocently changing with no sexual innuendo or desire to draw attention to herself to make herself feel better."

I assumed the situation was one in which both sexes knew the window open and that they could be viewed from the street. There's nothing innocent in a woman's doing that, and a woman who does do that is likely out for sexual attention.

As to which is more "threatening," by virtue of sheer strength, men are more physically threatening than women are. It's just nature. What's "funny" is that if there's ever a societal implosion and our infrastructure's knocked out, women will find out real, REAL fast how powerful men are, in both good ways and bad ways. They will learn the lesson that their beloved "Mother Nature" doesn't favor women when it comes to physical strength (though women are favored in other, equally important ways) and that they'd better make nice and get off their high horses and seek the protection of good men if they want to survive (if there are any good men left by then. The nasty women have so raged against and crapped on men for so long now that lots of men have come to pretty much hate women, to want to have nothing to do with them. Thanks, feminazis!)

Quote: Women physically threaten other adults by using men as proxies. When the cops come to take a man away on an unsubstantiated claim and the subsequent "trial by media" (Duke lacrosse boys) "convicts" them, that is the result of women not having a valid check on their power. The woman in that case didn't even get a slap on the wrist for her false claim! If she hadn't fessed up those boys would be in jail and we would be paying for them to be there!

I think people who make intentionally false accusations of rape should get the sentence the accused would've gotten if they'd been found guilty.

Quote: Following someone is stalking and goes beyond just looking. If a woman gets up, walks away, and a guy follows her that is creepy. The guy however had to actually DO something. Looking is really a passive activity. Again, touching a pregnant woman is an active thing. Yes, a baby bump is beautiful but it can be appreciated from afar. Looking is one thing, touching is another. God means for us to be stewards of our bodies. Sharing the beauty and mysteries is a great thing, but be done so freely. If someone doesn't wish to share, that's their business.

I think there needs to be a change in culture against rabid individualism but that cannot and should not happen by the way of a law. Laws are actually pretty useless when people reject them. Look at what's happening with gay marriage. Laws are being thrown out because people don't care for them. If people actually believed in marriage as between man and woman this wouldn't be an issue. Again, that requires cultural change.

Which is where preaching the Gospel comes in :P
(05-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I think people who make intentionally false accusations of rape should get the sentence the accused would've gotten if they'd been found guilty.
which are often embarrassingly short anyway
(05-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: But what are the "sides"? Those who think women should be able to feed their children in public places -- and those who don't?

The "sides" are guys like me that have a legitimate legal concern. It doesn't just go for breastfeeding, but for any kind of exposure. I want clear definitions, guidelines, and enforcement. I want women abusing the law to be prosecuted to the maximum.

(05-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I absolutely agree that the radical feminists' effects on our laws need to be changed -- but am not sure what this has to do with breastfeeding...

It's not just radical feminists. It is all feminists. All feminism is radical because as Pope Francis said, "What I would like to add is that feminism, as a unique philosophy, does not do any favors to those that it claims to represent, for it puts women on the level of a vindictive battle, and a woman is much more than that. The feminist campaign of the '20s achieved what they wanted and it is over, but a constant feminist philosophy does not give women the dignity that they deserve. As a caricature, I would say that it runs the risk of becoming chauvinism with skirts." Let's face it, at some level feminism is woman against man. I've posted over at some "Christian feminist" sites and there is common denominator to all women who profess such. That common denominate is some man dealt them wrong or deceived them. Feminism then becomes a projection of their anger and tool to achieve "an eye for an eye." This is not what Christ taught! These women cling to a false god thinking a tough lip towards men and keeping a distance is going protect them. Of coarse, one could say the same of the MRA's that call themselves masculinists. Indeed, such men like their female counterparts are often victims of female perpetrated injustice so that's how they lash out.

(05-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I assumed the situation was one in which both sexes knew the window open and that they could be viewed from the street. There's nothing innocent in a woman's doing that, and a woman who does do that is likely out for sexual attention.

As to which is more "threatening," by virtue of sheer strength, men are more physically threatening than women are. It's just nature. What's "funny" is that if there's ever a societal implosion and our infrastructure's knocked out, women will find out real, REAL fast how powerful men are, in both good ways and bad ways. They will learn the lesson that their beloved "Mother Nature" doesn't favor women when it comes to physical strength (though women are favored in other, equally important ways) and that they'd better make nice and get off their high horses and seek the protection of good men if they want to survive (if there are any good men left by then. The nasty women have so raged against and crapped on men for so long now that lots of men have come to pretty much hate women, to want to have nothing to do with them. Thanks, feminazis!)

Yup......that's the MGTOW movement and its growing! IF the you know what hits the fan (I doubt it will in the near future) this is one guy that will send any lass on her way with a nice little card that says "your body, your rights, you deal with it! Not risking mine for yours! Vive la equality! Thank a feminist!"

(05-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I think people who make intentionally false accusations of rape should get the sentence the accused would've gotten if they'd been found guilty.

While I appreciate the vote of support, this is just not how it plays out in court and as long as feminism is alive and well it never will change.

(05-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Which is where preaching the Gospel comes in :P

Yes, but not the Gospel of feminism a particular previous Pope has done....

(05-23-2014, 07:37 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: which are often embarrassingly short anyway

It's better than nothing!
(05-23-2014, 11:13 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 07:37 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: which are often embarrassingly short anyway

No.  There is no better than nothing!  That isn't justice.

You're talking to someone whose attacker gets out of prison this year, after a 4 year sentence.  He told me once that he'd murder me and go after my family if I ever talked to the cops.  I talked to the cops.  So no, releasing psychos from prison after a pathetic 4 year sentence is not "better than nothing."

You commit a crime that has lifelong devastating effects, you should get life. 
(05-23-2014, 12:12 PM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 11:13 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote:

No.  There is no better than nothing!  That isn't justice.

You're talking to someone whose attacker gets out of prison this year, after a 4 year sentence.  He told me once that he'd murder me and go after my family if I ever talked to the cops.  I talked to the cops.  So no, releasing psychos from prison after a pathetic 4 year sentence is not "better than nothing."

You commit a crime that has lifelong devastating effects, you should get life. 

I agree! It's better they are in for 4 years than 0 years. That was my point.
Young moms: so many declamations aren't really necessary.

You are intelligent, and furthermore I would trust and assume trad Cath moms already know in their hearts they need to nurse discretely when in chapel. If you can't do that for various reasons (i.e., baby isn't cooperative, or maybe you're situated in a conspicuous place in church, etc, etc), then perhaps you might decide you're happier nursing in the church activity room. Or else you might choose to go out to the front steps, or to your car. Just do whatever seems appropriate and comfortable--you know what to do!!! You are NOT stupid. Just do what's right. Over thinking breastfeeding in public doesn't help the cause. In the end, once you get through the getting started part, breastfeeding IS ordinarily easy, natural and simple. And healthier and cheaper. It's all good!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I so want to see this thread being helping young mother and babes . Please!  :) :) :)
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

(05-23-2014, 10:39 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I so want to see this thread being helping young mother and babes . Please!  :) :) :)

I don't know about helping young mothers and babies, but it's at least funny

[Image: milk.jpg]

My grandmother's 94 and she's showing signs of dementia.  I usually have a few bags of frozen EBM at my mom's house.  My mom said she went into the freezer and found that someone had ripped this FOUR OUNCE bag of MY MILK and there were teeth marks!!  Grandma's been on medication that makes her hungry at night so this was probably on one of her midnight binges where she goes into the kitchen and eats everything she can get her hands on.  I think she thought this was an ice cream bar. 
(06-01-2014, 08:47 PM)JubilateDeo83 Wrote: Grandma's been on medication that makes her hungry at night so this was probably on one of her midnight binges where she goes into the kitchen and eats everything she can get her hands on.  I think she thought this was an ice cream bar. 

Actually, it was probably very good for her.
(06-01-2014, 08:47 PM)JubilateDeo83 Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 10:39 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I so want to see this thread being helping young mother and babes . Please!  :) :) :)

I don't know about helping young mothers and babies, but it's at least funny

[Image: milk.jpg]

My grandmother's 94 and she's showing signs of dementia.  I usually have a few bags of frozen EBM at my mom's house.  My mom said she went into the freezer and found that someone had ripped this FOUR OUNCE bag of MY MILK and there were teeth marks!!  Grandma's been on medication that makes her hungry at night so this was probably on one of her midnight binges where she goes into the kitchen and eats everything she can get her hands on.  I think she thought this was an ice cream bar. 

:icecream:  :LOL: