Benedict XVI plans to concelebrate the canonization mass with Francis!
http://www.zenit.org/it/articles/benedet...i-due-papi

my quick translation Wrote:Benedict XVI will concelebrate with Francis the Mass of the Canonization of the two Popes.

Fr. Federico Lombardi announced: "The emeritus Pope will be with the cardinals and bishops on the right of the parvis and we will all be glad to have his presence."

Vatican City, 26 April 2014 (Zenit.org) | 161 hits

It is official: Benedict XVI will concelebrate with Pope Francis tomorrow, in the plaza of Saint Peters, the Canonization Mass of the two Popes. The announcement, long-awaited by journalists and the faithful, was given by the director of the Vatican News Office, father Federico Lombardi, at the beginning of the today's briefing in the Vatican News Office, on the vigil of tomorrow's event for the Church of the world.

"The emeritus Pope Benedict XVI," Fr. Lombardi said, "accepted the invitation and comunicated to Pope Francis that he will be present tomorrow morning at the celebration and that he will concelebrate." Thus, he specified, Benedict "will also be co-celebrant, which is not to say that he will go to the altar."

"Probably," the Vatican spokesman continued, "Cardinals Sodano and Re, and then Cardinal Dziwisz, Cardinal Vallini and the bishop of Bergamo, will be at the altar. The emeritus Pope, however, stays with the cardinals and bishops on the left of the parvis and we will all be glad to have his presence."
I'm looking forward to this!
Me too, two popes celebrating two sainted popes!
No comment.
This is history.

People will remember this for centuries to come.
(04-26-2014, 10:41 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: This is history.

Hopefully not, but unfortunately, they probably will.
Double the popes, double the fun?  ???

(04-26-2014, 10:41 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: This is history.

Yes, when Catholics return to the Vatican and all four of these men are condemned for their beliefs.
Ha, this is really what I wanted to post last night, but it didn't exist until "Catholic Memes" put it on Facebook this morning.  :LOL:  This is all so strange, I can only laugh.

[Image: P6stKny.jpg]