World Catholic Population
(05-08-2014, 01:30 AM)Poche Wrote:
(05-08-2014, 12:56 AM)onosurf Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 03:32 AM)Poche Wrote: The world’s Catholic population grew in 2013 by slightly more than the overall population, the latest Statistical Yearbook of the Church reports.

The number of Catholic priests also rose in 2012 (the last year for which final statistics are available), as did the number of deacons. However the number of women religious continued a long decline, and the number of seminarians, which had risen in recent years, fell off slightly.

The Yearbook records a population of 1.228 billion Catholics at the close of 2012. That count is probably low by several million, the book notes, because Church officials were unable to supply an accurate count of Catholics in nations where the Church suffers political repression, such as China and North Korea.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=21310

Self styled "cafeteria Catholics", formerly called heretics or Protestant are, unfortunately, included in that 1B+ catholic figure.   Case in point, at last count, >80% of "Catholics" used contraception. 

Faithful Catholics that believe and desire to adhere to Catholic dogma and doctrine is likely less than 10M globally.  Sad.
I haave some news for you. All Catholics have commited sin at one time or another. That 's why we have the sacrament of confession.

It is the lack of faith in Catholic dogma and doctrine, which includes all those empty confessionals, which I speak of -- not your presumption that I think all catholics are immaculately conceived.
(05-08-2014, 09:59 AM)onosurf Wrote:
(05-08-2014, 01:30 AM)Poche Wrote:
(05-08-2014, 12:56 AM)onosurf Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 03:32 AM)Poche Wrote: The world’s Catholic population grew in 2013 by slightly more than the overall population, the latest Statistical Yearbook of the Church reports.

The number of Catholic priests also rose in 2012 (the last year for which final statistics are available), as did the number of deacons. However the number of women religious continued a long decline, and the number of seminarians, which had risen in recent years, fell off slightly.

The Yearbook records a population of 1.228 billion Catholics at the close of 2012. That count is probably low by several million, the book notes, because Church officials were unable to supply an accurate count of Catholics in nations where the Church suffers political repression, such as China and North Korea.

Self styled "cafeteria Catholics", formerly called heretics or Protestant are, unfortunately, included in that 1B+ catholic figure.   Case in point, at last count, >80% of "Catholics" used contraception. 

Faithful Catholics that believe and desire to adhere to Catholic dogma and doctrine is likely less than 10M globally.  Sad.
I haave some news for you. All Catholics have commited sin at one time or another. That 's why we have the sacrament of confession.

It is the lack of faith in Catholic dogma and doctrine, which includes all those empty confessionals, which I speak of -- not your presumption that I think all catholics are immaculately conceived.
Only the Holy Virgin was immaculatly concieved.

Must be all from Asia or Eastern Europe. Since Western Europe is pretty much anti Christian (religious) anything and Latinos are becoming Pentecostals, to go with their makarina dancing or becoming atheist thanks to the drug cartels killing innocent people and clergy, and killing off peoples faith in God.