Harvard Black Mass ?!?!
(05-07-2014, 02:50 PM)loggats Wrote: Isn't a "black mass" where a "priest" (because it's an ontological nature rather than a ministry, say one and all) "validly but illicitly" confects the Eucharist?

loggats, if you have an argument to make against the ontological nature of the priesthood, please make it.  The catechism states:

Catechism of the Catholic Church Wrote:1582  As in the case of Baptism and Confirmation this share in Christ's office is granted once for all. The sacrament of Holy Orders, like the other two, confers an indelible spiritual character and cannot be repeated or conferred temporarily.

1583  It is true that someone validly ordained can, for grave reasons, be discharged from the obligations and functions linked to ordination, or can be forbidden to exercise them; but he cannot become a layman again in the strict sense, because the character imprinted by ordination is for ever. The vocation and mission received on the day of his ordination mark him permanently.

(05-07-2014, 02:47 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: I haven't heard about this organisation but don't worry, if you can contact them then they're not satanists per se. "True" satanists consider such groups to be 'traitors' or, at best, idiots. They're not satanists, they're simply atheists and they surely don't believe in personal Satan, let alone consecrating Hosts. Satanists who truly commit sacrileges are underground so to speak. I don't know which faction of satanists is worse: those who are just blase hipsters who believe in carnal pleasures only or real loonies who truly worship their horned god.

I think that used to be true, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it isn't true now -- that "the real Satanists" are underground, that is. Satanism is out in the open now, unafraid to show itself.

But even if these "Satanists" were of the La Vey variety, they'd undoubtedly want to use a consecrated Host. Blasphemy, sacrilege, and "sticking it to the Christians" are part of the "fun" for both types.  I'd like to know how they'll get one. Do they know a priest or will Communion in the Hand be the means?

I wonder if people are going to protest this?
(05-07-2014, 03:57 PM)AlphaOmega Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 02:50 PM)loggats Wrote: Isn't a "black mass" where a "priest" (because it's an ontological nature rather than a ministry, say one and all) "validly but illicitly" confects the Eucharist?

loggats, if you have an argument to make against the ontological nature of the priesthood, please make it.  The catechism states:

Catechism of the Catholic Church Wrote:1582  As in the case of Baptism and Confirmation this share in Christ's office is granted once for all. The sacrament of Holy Orders, like the other two, confers an indelible spiritual character and cannot be repeated or conferred temporarily.

1583  It is true that someone validly ordained can, for grave reasons, be discharged from the obligations and functions linked to ordination, or can be forbidden to exercise them; but he cannot become a layman again in the strict sense, because the character imprinted by ordination is for ever. The vocation and mission received on the day of his ordination mark him permanently.

I think the fact that what you've quoted says "vocation and mission" and not "nature" is interesting in itself. A priest is a priest because of the exercise of mission and vocation - a priest who is "laicized" is a case in point.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-...tanic-mass

I haven't fully read it yet, but here is more info
http://www.vice.com/read/unmasking-lucie...nic-temple

About the leader of the Satanic Temple.  This stuff is just sick.
Can someone please describe Hell to me again, so I can refrain from having uncharitable thoughts about wishing hellfire raining down upon these miscreants.
Austenbosten, instead reflect on the mercy of God and be grateful that these idiots may one day repent.
(05-07-2014, 05:55 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Austenbosten, instead reflect on the mercy of God and be grateful that these idiots may one day repent.

Thank you! I really need that :)
:grin:  glad to help!  Honestly, I've been feeling I'll since I read about this horrible thing.  So . . .

I have an idea.  How about a Fisheaters rosary offered in reparation for this blasphemy?  I was thinking of fasting on Monday too.