Got a vaccine, now what?
I'm heading abroad this Summer and was strongly advised to get a Hepatitis A vaccine since I'm going somewhere where tons of seafood is consumed.  I'm VERY adventurous with what I eat.  I'm not picky, save for an annoying allergy that makes me break out in acne to a certain food.

Anyways... I got the vaccine today.  They told me to come back between six months from now (November 8) and twelve months from now.  They told me the next injection will ensure the "longevity" of the vaccination and make it's effects last much longer.

So, anything I should do right now that I've been given the first vaccine?  What about the second vaccine that I will get?
Two are given to provide about a 25 year efficacy period of immunization for Hepatitis A virus. Having the first one will generally give you immunity within a couple of weeks and for at least 5 years after that. The second immunization shot, reinforces the immune response and increases the length of time immunity is maintained...in the people who seroconvert (or gain immunity with evidence of antibody cells against Hep A), make up around 95% of those inoculated. The other 5% often do not seroconvert and remain vulnerable to infection by the Hep A virus.

Now, if you fall into that 5% (or so) group, you'll never know...unless you have a 'Titer Test' done to see if your immune system responded effectively (or unless you get Hep A infection).

Personally, I wouldn't get the vaccine. I'd be careful, like wash my hands a lot and eat only cooked food and drink bottled water. If I still got sick, I'd take the usual treatment: Some Gama (Immune) Globulin in the cheeks. Works great and has few side effects and since I would have had, then, the Hep A infection, after the IG, I'd have lifetime immunity to Hep A.
(05-09-2014, 12:59 AM)Zedta Wrote: Personally, I wouldn't get the vaccine. I'd be careful, like wash my hands a lot and eat only cooked food and drink bottled water. If I still got sick, I'd take the usual treatment: Some Gama (Immune) Globulin in the cheeks. Works great and has few side effects and since I would have had, then, the Hep A infection, after the IG, I'd have lifetime immunity to Hep A.

^ This. 

And, in spite of loving seafood, I'd avoid it wherever possible wherever it is the OP is going. 

Unfortunately, in some places "bottled water" is only water from someone's tap that's been put in a bottle to be sold as "bottled water".  So....depending on where you're goin', be careful even of that!!
(05-11-2014, 12:06 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 12:59 AM)Zedta Wrote: Personally, I wouldn't get the vaccine. I'd be careful, like wash my hands a lot and eat only cooked food and drink bottled water. If I still got sick, I'd take the usual treatment: Some Gama (Immune) Globulin in the cheeks. Works great and has few side effects and since I would have had, then, the Hep A infection, after the IG, I'd have lifetime immunity to Hep A.

^ This. 

And, in spite of loving seafood, I'd avoid it wherever possible wherever it is the OP is going. 

Unfortunately, in some places "bottled water" is only water from someone's tap that's been put in a bottle to be sold as "bottled water".  So....depending on where you're goin', be careful even of that!!

Uh... didn't you guys read the original post? I ALREADY got the vaccine.  Now I'm asking what I need to do.

I've heard of things that can be done to counter the bad effects of vaccination.  Anybody have recommendations for THAT?
(05-13-2014, 10:54 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(05-11-2014, 12:06 PM)J Michael Wrote:

^ This. 

Uh... didn't you guys read the original post? I ALREADY got the vaccine.  Now I'm asking what I need to do.

I've heard of things that can be done to counter the bad effects of vaccination.  Anybody have recommendations for THAT?

Yes, I did read it.  And I did see that you already got the vaccine.  Why didn't you ask us about it *before* you got it? :)  Oh well, what's done is done.

What do you need to do?  Well, for starters, don't get anymore.  Wherever you're going (I'm guessing it's not Kansas  :grin: ), STILL be extremely careful what you drink, avoid raw or under-cooked foods (salads, fruit, etc.).  As for the vaccine itself, have you experienced any bad effects from it??  Not everyone does.  Long term effects of it?  Without knowing you and your medical history I wouldn't venture to guess.  There are homeopathic practitioners who sometimes prescribe certain homeopathic remedies, e.g. Thuja, Silica, Sulphur, Ledum,  etc., to help "undo" the negative effects of vaccinations.  Sometimes they work, especially if there are actual symptoms present.  Otherwise....well, it's not clear.

So, apart from that.....what do you need to do?  Get on with your life, go about your business, keep praying, trust in God.
(05-13-2014, 10:54 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Uh... didn't you guys read the original post? I ALREADY got the vaccine.  Now I'm asking what I need to do.

If you go for the homeopathy stuff, Thuya is used a remedy to counteract the bad side effects of vaccines. We have used with success on my then 23-month-old daughter to help with her seizures. It is also often used in holistic vet practices when an animal has a bad vaccines reaction. 

Strengthen your immune system with good nutrition and possibly a cleanse. If you've never done a cleanse, check with a natural health provider or holistic nutritionist first.

Good nutrition includes eating cleanly, eliminating sugar and caffeine, eating heavily plant-based foods (but not omitting animal foods, just add more plant-foods) and drinking lots of water from a reliable source. Do not drink exclusively distilled water.
(05-14-2014, 10:57 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(05-13-2014, 10:54 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Uh... didn't you guys read the original post? I ALREADY got the vaccine.  Now I'm asking what I need to do.

If you go for the homeopathy stuff, Thuya is used a remedy to counteract the bad side effects of vaccines. We have used with success on my then 23-month-old daughter to help with her seizures. It is also often used in holistic vet practices when an animal has a bad vaccines reaction. 

Strengthen your immune system with good nutrition and possibly a cleanse. If you've never done a cleanse, check with a natural health provider or holistic nutritionist first.

Good nutrition includes eating cleanly, eliminating sugar and caffeine, eating heavily plant-based foods (but not omitting animal foods, just add more plant-foods) and drinking lots of water from a reliable source. Do not drink exclusively distilled water.

What is "thuya"?
(05-18-2014, 01:19 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:

What is "thuya"?

[size=10pt]Thuja Occidentalis (American arborvitae)[/size]:
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the principle that 'like cures like', in a tiny dilution - so the indications below are what a healthy person would feel if taking Thuja Occidentalis. If your symptoms fit within the symptoms below, then Thuja Occidentalis would be a good bet.

The following are the strongest indications of Thuja Occidentalis for its use in homeopathy. Entries on a white background are from Boericke's Materia Medica, other entries are from a reversed Kent's repertory. Homeopathic remedies are not the same as herbal remedies.

Please remember though, this homeopathy materia medica is provided for information only, with no guarantee of accuracy; it is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, nor as a claim for the effectiveness of Thuja Occidentalis in treating any of the symptoms below. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical advice - minor symptoms can often be a sign of a more serious underlying condition. [i]Homeopathic remedies are very dilute, and while the homeopathic remedy may be beneficial, the raw product may be harmful.

Acts on skin, blood, gastro-intestinal tract, kidneys, and brain. Its relation to the production of pathological vegetations condylomata, warty excrescences, spongy tumors is very important. Moist mucous tubercles. Bleeding fungus growths. Naevus. Excess of venosity.
The main action of Thuja Occidentalis is on the skin and genito-urinary organs, producing conditions that correspond with Hahnemann’s sycotic dyscrasia, whose chief manifestation is the formation of wart-like excrescences upon mucous and cutaneous surfaces - fig-warts and condylomata. Has a specific antibacterial action, as in gonorrhoea and vaccination. Sycotic pains, i.e., tearing in muscles and joints, worse at rest, better in dry weather, worse damp humid atmosphere; lameness. Hydrogenoid constitutions, whose blood is morbidly hydroscopic, so that damp air and water are inimical. Complaints from moonlight. Rapid exhaustion and emaciation. Left-sided and chilly medicine. Variola, aborts the pustule and prevents the suppurating fever. Vaccinosis, viz., inveterable skin troubles, neuralgia, etc.
BETTER, left side; while drawing up a limb.
WORSE, at night, from heat of bed; at 3 A.M. and 3 P.M., from cold, damp air; after breakfast; fat, Coffee; vaccination.
Relationships
Compare: (Hydrogenoid constitution; Calcar.; Silica; Nat-sulph.; Aranea; Apis; Pulsat.) Cupressus Australis (sharp, prickling pain; general feeling of warmth; rheumatism and gonorrhoea). Cupressus Lawsoniana (acts like Thuja Occidentalis; Terrible pains in the stomach). sphingurus (falling out of hair from beard; pain in jaw-joint and zygoma); Sil.; Maland ( vaccination); Medorrh ( Suppressed gonorrhoea); Merc.; Cannab.; Terebinth.; Juniperus; Sabin.; SIL.; Canth.; Cannab.; Nit-ac.; Puls.; Ant. Tart.; ARBORIN is a non-alcoholic preparation of THUJA.
Antidotes: Merc.; Camph.; Sabin ( Warts).
Complementary: Sabina; Ars.; Nat-sulph.; Silica.[/i]
http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Thuj
(05-18-2014, 01:19 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:

What is "thuya"?

J Michael posted the definition above. It's basically a plant extract of and extract of an extract... frankly, the homeopathy stuff flies in the face of logic, but I've seen it work in ways that defies the placebo effect so I'm kinda on the fence. Homeopathy remedies themselves are very inexpensive, generally less than $20, but we paid the fees to consult a constitutional homeopathist to decide what she needed. Although I think it was less than $100 though.

The theory of homeopathy is that you administer very small doses of something that creates the same symptoms that you're trying to cure, in the hopes of stimulating your body's natural response to "fix" whatever the problem is.

We specifically administered it to our daughter hoping to undo some of the effects of the DaTP and MMR on her neurophysiology, which had resulted in a long period of very severe seizures that required several bouts of hospitalization. None of the medications given to us by the allopathic doctors were working even once we achieved the desired blood serum levels, and the medications were in fact making her very sick especially with her liver.

Without changing her medications, we adminstered the thuya, which had a more-or-less immediate effect of increasing her seizure frequency and intensity for a few days (apparently that's normal with homeopathy with certain remedies), followed by a period of 23 months seizure-free, the longest she has ever been before or since (edit to insert: She was having 3 to 6 seizures PER DAY up until this point... at her vary worst, she would have 100+ seizures in a day). This was without a change to her medication regime, as doctors tried to figure out what the next step was (surgery? referral to Toronto or even the Mayo Clinic? Ketogenic diet?) We were even able to cut her dosages in half during that long quiet period. Finally, other factors took their toll on her and we have now periodic episodes of seizures ever since, but we manage them with regular (allopathic) medications and diet.

We don't know why her neurophysiology was so badly effected by vaccination, just that it is. Apparently some people are "just like that".