Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows
:thumb:
(05-19-2014, 11:15 AM)maldon Wrote: You are absolutely right, puppy99. The only alternatives are for us to abandon the Faith or to walk, heads high, into this postmodern form of being "Confessors." Our brothers and sisters in the Arab world and in India, and Pakistan and Africa are called to be martyrs. In North America and Europe, we are called to be Confessors. Accept your calling now, and the pains will be easier to bear.

:thumb:

Excellent advice!
And the persecution continues... http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/05...iscan.html
(05-15-2014, 08:56 AM)Scotus Wrote: I did not have much affection for Pope Francis to start with. The initial period of "wait and see" was followed by the succession of hits as I realised that Francis was far more brazenly heterodox than I had feared. 

The anger on my part is due to the immense pain that Francis has caused men and women who have dedicated themselves to God in the heart of the Church. Such pain that they have felt compelled to be asked to be relieved of their pontifical vows. As someone who spent some time contemplating a monastic vocation, I have some understanding of how much is asked of a person who chooses the religious life. To then be treated as a pariah for cleaving to the timeless traditions of Christ's Church by the very man who is meant to uphold them is something that simply appals me.

One virtue stands out for those in true devotion, ......patience. This is not human patience we are to accept, but the patience of the Holy Spirit who is not bound by human time tables. If we can rise above ourselves and accept the trials of faith, then to be patient is nothing.