Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows
(05-16-2014, 06:56 AM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 06:26 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 12:47 PM)Scotus Wrote: Has anyone called him a heretic on this thread?

Miles Immaculatae, in Reply #2, stated, "I knew he was modernist all along."

And you, in Reply #3, stated, "I realised that Francis was far more brazenly heterodox than I had feared."

Are these not equivalent terms?

I don't like your attitude. But anyway, I'll answer your question...

1.) I do believe Pope Francis is Modernist.
2.) I have not now, nor ever said he was a formal heretic, and I refuse to say this, for I am silent on the matter, and if anyone wishes to put words in my mouth, then that is their call.
3.) Make of this what you will, but bare in mind, I may or may not share your estimation that these are equivalent terms.

I asked a sincere question; I was not being facetious.

Modernism is "the synthesis of all heresies," so it follows that a Modernist is a heretic.  The forum rules say that we are not allowed to refer to the Holy Father as a heretic, nor may we accuse him of heresy; no distinction is made therein between "formal heresy/heretic" and "material heresy/heretic."  Moreover, I'd dispute the idea that a Catholic can be a material heretic; this term's reserved for Protestants (there's a good article on this point to which I can link, if you'd like).  It's also unfathomable to me how a man as highly-educated as is Jorge Bergoglio/Pope Francis could somehow be inculpably ignorant of the Catholic Faith.  And what does it say of the College of Cardinals, who — not once but twice (he came in second in the conclave of 2005) — have thought so highly of an ignorant-of-the-faith Catholic priest/cardinal as to trust him with the ruling of Christ's Church?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows - by SouthpawLink - 05-16-2014, 07:50 AM