Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows
(05-16-2014, 12:41 PM)GodFirst Wrote:
(05-16-2014, 10:30 AM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote:
(05-16-2014, 09:35 AM)GodFirst Wrote: Then you, sir, are not very Catholic in your mindset! So many blessed and holy theologians and Saints have said otherwise. This is a big problem with this forum. It tries to be traditional but at it's core it remains novel.
I think this forum is Traditional. It is just the neo-Catholics here that hold novel ideas. For example, the above assertion that the Pope couldn't possibly be modernist because the Cardinals elected him. This is a dangerous error.
That's basically what I meant. The Fathers, Doctors and theologians even taught the Catholic doctrine that a pope can be a heretic and remain the pope.

Thank you for that information. I didn't know that. That gives great strength to our argument, i.e. we can assert that the post-concilliar Popes are modernist without de facto becoming sedevacantists, which is the SSPX position. How can we reasonably be expected to either be sedevacantists or believe the pope is not modernist?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows - by Miles Immaculatae - 05-16-2014, 12:45 PM