Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows
Junior Councillor,
You have no idea how hard it was for me before to understand the SSPX position. I could see FSSP or Sede. I coudn't see the SSPX position, probably because I saw it as a sort of "middle way," but really it isn't; it is to be between a rock and a hard place. And the real problem, as I see it more and more, is the issue of the bishop. The FSSP has no bishops, and if they are smart they will try NOT TO HAVE ANY until the dust clears in the Vatican. Why? Because a bishop has an absolute duty to correct his brothers, including his brother the pope. So while the SSPX could conceivably agree stay that VII was a valid council,which they do,because, being pastoral they can ignore it entirely, they cannot agree to refrain from criticizing the bishopsor the pope, because at that level, THAT is one of their sworn duties.

Wow. What a mess. And what a hard place to be in. But you know, I look at my own ignorance on this matter and wish there was one place where all of this was somehow stated, and updated, and in public. I need to educate myself more and help others.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows - by Maldon - 05-17-2014, 12:04 PM