Men: What Do You Wish Women Really Understood About Men?
I don't know, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with dating before meeting my wife and have to deal with all this weird relationship politics, shit tests and pick up artistry.  I just said "Hi" and my wife said "hi" and we just kept talking.
(06-02-2014, 11:35 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: I definitely have.  More often than not, I think.  Either that, or my capacity for detecting back-handedness is rather low.

But then, I don't spend much time around women, so maybe I just never manage to get on their bad sides.

Now to display my sheer ignorance:  what exactly is a sh*t test?  Is this some kind of system women have for eliminating men before even considering dating them?

It is when women are irrationally moody or act like they are dissatisfied to see how far a guy is willing to go to satisfy them.
I wish women would understand that being argumentative is unattractive.
(07-09-2014, 12:16 PM)Dirigible Wrote: I wish women would understand that being argumentative is unattractive.

I KNOW!  There's authentically and reasonably discussing an issue that needs to be resolved, then there's rage faced, unreasonable, screaming, name calling, cursing arguments that just push a man away and tempt him to retaliate with unreasonable behavior as well.

My last ex-girlfriend.  I found her very attractive, yes.  But... I remember this one time we were REALLY arguing.  She never looked uglier in all the time I knew her.  Seriously.  I don't know if there's a term for this phenomenon.

(07-09-2014, 05:07 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: .......

My last ex-girlfriend.  I found her very attractive, yes.  But... I remember this one time we were REALLY arguing.  She never looked uglier in all the time I knew her.  Seriously.  I don't know if there's a term for this phenomenon.

The term is raging feminist or feminist-influenced woman.
(07-09-2014, 08:04 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:

my wife and i don't have arguments as much as we have debates and discussions.

it is important to establish rules in your relationship as to how to fight, and stick to them. 

my wife knows that if she throws a hissyfit, and raises her voice, and gets hysterical, I will not engage.  don't feed the fire.  i will say, "we will not discuss this until we can discuss it calmly and rationally.  I also do not raise my voice at her, or make threats that I know I can't deliver on.  It is tempting in the heat of the moment, to respond to emotional outbursts with more emotional outbursts, but if I feel anger brewing i usually get out of the discussion. 
(07-09-2014, 10:14 PM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 08:04 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:

my wife and i don't have arguments as much as we have debates and discussions.

it is important to establish rules in your relationship as to how to fight, and stick to them. 

my wife knows that if she throws a hissyfit, and raises her voice, and gets hysterical, I will not engage.  don't feed the fire.  i will say, "we will not discuss this until we can discuss it calmly and rationally.  I also do not raise my voice at her, or make threats that I know I can't deliver on.  It is tempting in the heat of the moment, to respond to emotional outbursts with more emotional outbursts, but if I feel anger brewing i usually get out of the discussion. 

This didn't have anything to do with feminism.  She was just being unreasonable.  And admittedly so.  Feminists will fail at reason but will sometimes honestly be attempting it.  She, however, wasn't even trying and didn't care that she wasn't.
One dynamic I see in families where mothers stay home with the children and fathers work is that some of these mothers have trouble understanding why men need a few moments to decompress when they get home. Admittedly, stay-at-home mothers have one of the most difficult jobs in the world, but some of them do not understand the stress that comes with working in the world and supporting the family. When one is at home, one is a relatively safe place, where the individuals one finds there love one another and support one another. Yes, there are conflicts which are very difficult, but they are conflicts between those who ultimately want the best for one another.  When one is in the work place, that person is basically in a battle field. One finds very little support there, and in many cases, one's bosses and coworkers are really "out to get" you, or are at least in competition with you. I am not trying to say that fathers have it harder than mothers, but I think we have lost respect for the difficulties that come with being a man, husband, father, and bread winner.
1. We aren't all the same;
2. Lists like these assume we're all the same -- or that there is some "trick" to understanding us; therefore,
3. To really understand us, talk to us and get to know us on an individual level.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
(07-17-2014, 12:54 AM)RyanPatrick Wrote: 1. We aren't all the same;
2. Lists like these assume we're all the same -- or that there is some "trick" to understanding us; therefore,
3. To really understand us, talk to us and get to know us on an individual level.

While this is true, it's also true that there are strong trends as to how men prefer to be treated by women; therefore, it is advantageous for a woman who wants a man to like her to act in accordance with those trends and be willing to adjust according to an individual man's preference.