CJ Jung
(05-28-2014, 04:06 PM)loggats Wrote: Who's "you people"? I think you're being a hypocrite, that's all.

In what way am I being a hypocrite?  Talk to me like I'm 5.  I'm curious.  If you could point out where I am being a hypocrite, I'd be much obliged.  Thanks in advance.
(05-28-2014, 04:39 PM)Jaegermeister Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 04:06 PM)loggats Wrote: Who's "you people"? I think you're being a hypocrite, that's all.

In what way am I being a hypocrite?  Talk to me like I'm 5.  I'm curious.  If you could point out where I am being a hypocrite, I'd be much obliged.  Thanks in advance.

You refuse to donate money to your high school because of one teacher. You gave that as the reason - not an inability to contribute because of financial concerns, a generally bad experience there, or whatever else. You also said you would wait till she was "terminated" before you'd consider giving them money.

She's abortion. Your charitable donation = your taxes. Sure, your decision not to contribute to your high school because of some woman's interpretation of Jung is hardly as terrible as the decision to go on paying taxes that fund the murder of innocent unborn babies. But I don't see why you're acting high and mighty with one, and ignoring the other.

I understand that you feel you 'must' pay taxes. Abandoning the system is nearly impossible. It's just the flawed reasoning here, and the vindictive attitude that's tiresome.
(05-28-2014, 05:17 PM)loggats Wrote:

You refuse to donate money to your high school because of one teacher. You gave that as the reason - not an inability to contribute because of financial concerns, a generally bad experience there, or whatever else. You also said you would wait till she was "terminated" before you'd consider giving them money.

She's abortion. Your charitable donation = your taxes. Sure, your decision not to contribute to your high school because of some woman's interpretation of Jung is hardly as terrible as the decision to go on paying taxes that fund the murder of innocent unborn babies. But I don't see why you're acting high and mighty with one, and ignoring the other.

I understand that you feel you 'must' pay taxes. Abandoning the system is nearly impossible. It's just the flawed reasoning here, and the vindictive attitude that's tiresome.

I do truly apologize for being tiresome.  And I do truly apologize for coming off as vindictive. 

So, yes, I refuse to donate to my Catholic High School "in name only"  because they employ a woman who is assigned to teaching religion , the Catholic religion, btw, that isn't Catholic and doesn't teach any Catholic dogma. 

SO, Really, you have a problem with this?  I've asked for over 20 years for her to be terminated to no avail.  Now maybe I am crazy, but I know at least 50 alums that have graduated form there in the last 20 years, and only 2 have said she was fine.  The rest also want her terminated.

So where I am being hypocritical is still a mystery to me.   Mayhaps you and I don't agree on what the word hypocritical means?

Now, sure, i could quit paying taxes that pay for abortion Doctors to slaughter unborn babies.  I could do that.  By myself, or myself and my wife, we'd last exactly about no time before the government, (YOU) came to my door and took all of our things and most likely our liberty.  So perhaps in your version of hypocritical, I'm a hypocrite.  And you may well be right.  but then so are you, and so is everyone else who reads this. 

Do you pay your taxes?  You haven't been clear on this.  I'd like to know.  Do you pay taxes?  And by your definition, anyone who pays taxes is a hypocrite.

It's an interesting argument you have there.

In closing, you defamed me as a hypocrite because I pay taxes but I don't support a school that I am in disagreement with,(that teaches anti-catholic though)t, by using the limited resources I have left AFTER paying your taxes.  There are plenty of other worthy institutions that I could send my hard earned wages (That I paid ridiculous taxes on) to.  Why would I select one that employs someone who stand against everything I believe in ?  And again, how in the name of God is that hypocritical?

edited to be more charitable. 
(05-28-2014, 05:17 PM)loggats Wrote:

I don't mean to intrude, but that looks like a nice little discussion you guys are having.
I'm sorry loggats, but its your reasoning that is flawed; it would only work if paying taxes were a voluntary action. With your reasoning one gets all sorts of bizarre corollaries, like one is obliged to donate to every charity that one is asked (say, you would be obliged to donate to a charity that gives half of the money to feeding the poor and the other half to the satanic temple). Or, to take another perspective, one would be free from all authority (what Jesus means with that famous phrase is that there is an authority given to, so to speak, Caesar -- also, Romans 13; it is not a charity), if the authority was not one hundred percent in agreement with one's personal ethics.

The precise comparison would be taxes to the school fee, which I'm sure Jaeger Meister payed at the time.
Ok, so I'd like to withdraw throwing the term "hypocrite" out there. I do not think you're a hypocrite. Also, I'm lucky enough to not have to pay for abortions as a necessary part of taxes - through no great effort of my own.