My Friend Died

I just found out that a friend of mine -- a friend also named Tim -- died. This guy had such a troubled life (drugs, homosexuality), but was so very, very sweet in spite of his struggles. He was one of those people who makes you feel instantly comfortable with him when you meet him -- so easy to talk to, so open, so interested in what others have to say. Just generally caring and loving. A very gentle soul. And he was plain old fun -- and funny. And very artistic, specializing in collage.

He'd been raised Catholic and always had a place in his heart for the Church. I haven't seen him since Christmas when he came and spent time with us (he lived in Missouri), and have been out of touch since then, but remember talking to him about Jesus and His Church when we got together then. I remember feeling very hopeful with what he had to say, very relieved.

I don't know yet the cause of death (they have to do an autopsy). I just pray his death was peaceful and painless. 

I hope that you folks will say a prayer for him, that he's in Heaven or en route, that he will have eternal peace with Our Savior and feel the peace and JOY he didn't get to feel while on this earth.

Something I will never forget is this -- one small gesture that said so much about him. Most any girl reading this will "get" it, I'm thinking:  when we got together during Christmastide, we were sitting at a table talking about -- I don't even know what, but something sad.  Now, I'm a 51-year old woman, he was queer, and he was much, much younger than I, by about 20 years, but while I'm telling him something very personal and sad to me, he took his hand and brushed the hair away from the side of my face and just looked me in my eyes, letting me know he "heard" me. Like I said, he was gay, I'm an old woman, he wasn't coming on to me or "playing" me or trying to get something off of me; he was just being Tim, but that one little sweet gesture sort of encapsulates the kind of guy he was. Just so lovely and "there" emotionally for others. I just loved knowing he existed in the world and will miss him. R.I.P., Timmy...

Sigh.

I will pray for the repose of his soul.
:pray2:
:pray:
Lord, have mercy.
:pray: