Please Pray for My Mom
My mom was taken to the CCU last night on account of her diabetes, namely, diabetic ketoacidodis. It was touch and go last night, but as of an hour ago, she was alert, eating, and making sarcastic comments.

On my way out, I told her that I wanted to pray an Our Father with her, and after I finished, she said, "You can go ahead and pray a Hail Mary as well." My mom is a type of Calvinistic Baptist, so I was tickled to hear this. I left with her my rosary.

What can I say? The two most important women in my life just shared a little time together.
Sub tuum praesidium confugimus,
Sancta Dei Genitrix.
Nostras deprecationis ne despicias in necessitatibus,
sed a periculis cunctis libera nos semper,
Virgo gloriosa et benedicta.
Amen.

I suspect you're a wonderful son.
(05-30-2014, 08:04 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Sub tuum praesidum confugimus,
Sancta Dei Genitrix.
Nostras deprecationis ne despicias in necessitatibus,
sed a periculis cunctis libera nos semper,
Virgo gloriosa et benedicta.
Amen.

I suspect you're a wonderful son.

Thank you for that beautiful prayer.

Oh, I'm just a guy who loves his moms.
(05-30-2014, 07:59 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: My mom was taken to the CCU last night on account of her diabetes, namely, diabetic ketoacidodis. It was touch and go last night, but as of an hour ago, she was alert, eating, and making sarcastic comments.

On my way out, I told her that I wanted to pray an Our Father with her, and after I finished, she said, "You can go ahead and pray a Hail Mary as well." My mom is a type of Calvinistic Baptist, so I was tickled to hear this. I left with her my rosary.

What can I say? The two most important women in my life just shared a little time together.
i'll say the rosary for her too. 
(05-30-2014, 11:47 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [quote='Bourbon Apocalypse' pid='1247155' dateline='1401494381']
My mom was taken to the CCU last night on account of her diabetes, namely, diabetic ketoacidodis. It was touch and go last night, but as of an hour ago, she was alert, eating, and making sarcastic comments.

i'll say the rosary for her too. 
[/quote

Thank you, Chestertoian.
Thanks for the prayers; my mom has returned home and is recovering.