For the repose of the soul of Fr. Francis T. Gignac, S.J.
Fr. Francis T. Gignac, S.J., professor of Biblical Greek and Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America, passed away early this morning. He had been in hospice care for a little while, but by all accounts, he died peacefully. Fr. Frank, as everyone knew him, was a weighty scholar of Greek papyri and the New Testament, and though he could never have been described as a Traditionalist, he was a very good man and well-loved by all of his students and colleagues, whatever their religious views. The two semesters of New Testament Greek I took with him were the most demanding classes I've ever had - particularly the sight translation of Hebrew into Greek - but, even though I don't use Greek as often as I would like, I have retained a great deal of what he taught.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.
I will say a prayer for the repose of his soul. 

While he may not have been a traditionalist, he was a priest and consecrated to God.  He sounds like he was a wonderful man and teacher.  You are blessed for having known him.