The Search for Melchizedek
I have been reading the book of Hebrews recently and have become intrigued by Melchizedek.  I searched the Internet for some books about this Biblical character and located the following book, The Search for Melchizedek by Jeffrey Tiel.  Has anybody on this forum read the book?  If so, I would like to hear your thoughts about it.    :incense:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Search-Melchiz...B007XJMHNO

P.S. Also, please say a prayer that my bishop responds to my request for a meeting concerning the future of the TLM in my area. 
Melchizedek, I have found to be one of the more intriguing figures in Genesis (and there are a lot of them).  The fact that his name even appears in Scripture signifies a certain importance in the region(after all the Pharaoh in Exodus is never mentioned by name and he was Pharaoh of flippin' Egypt!).  Some Jews believe he was Shem, son of Noah.  Obviously, the episode of Abram and him is one of the major prefigurements of Christ in Genesis. The King of Salem (Peace) offering a blessing with bread and wine, fascinating ain't it. 

It seems like the book is a fictional novel not a search for the historical or biblical Melchizedek.

I would love to know more about him. Katherine Emmerich speaks a lot about him as well.
Melchizedek , some have speculated was one of Noah's sons who was still alive at the time and was the one who passed down the history of the pre-flood world
(06-08-2014, 08:45 PM)maldon Wrote: I would love to know more about him. Katherine Emmerich speaks a lot about him as well.

Careful with her works.  Supposedly the guy who wrote them down for her embellished the details because he thought they'd sell better.
" Careful with her works.  Supposedly the guy who wrote them down for her embellished the details because he thought they'd sell better."

And you know this, how? Can you give us some sort of reference?
(06-10-2014, 09:33 PM)trident59 Wrote: " Careful with her works.  Supposedly the guy who wrote them down for her embellished the details because he thought they'd sell better."

And you know this, how? Can you give us some sort of reference?

His name was Clemens Brentano, and it was known that he would embellish and exaggerate.
Melchizedek:Bible::Tom Bombadil:Lord of the Rings
(06-08-2014, 08:09 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: Melchizedek, I have found to be one of the more intriguing figures in Genesis (and there are a lot of them).  The fact that his name even appears in Scripture signifies a certain importance in the region(after all the Pharaoh in Exodus is never mentioned by name and he was Pharaoh of flippin' Egypt!).  Some Jews believe he was Shem, son of Noah.  Obviously, the episode of Abram and him is one of the major prefigurements of Christ in Genesis. The King of Salem (Peace) offering a blessing with bread and wine, fascinating ain't it.   

It seems like the book is a fictional novel not a search for the historical or biblical Melchizedek.

The book is most definitely a novel, "a modern day religious thriller".  Let us know, Edmund, if it's any good--as a novel, that is.