Nancy Pelosi urges S.F. archbishop to exit marriage march
(06-19-2014, 06:36 AM)Poche Wrote: Invoking the words of Pope Francis with regard to gays and lesbians, she wrote, "If someone is gay and is searching for the Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge

If a person is searching for the Lord and has good will then they are sorry for their sins, they are not in open rebellion with the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church and "yes" who are we to judge.

Unless I'm mistaken, what we are NOT to judge is the state of their heart and soul, and where they might be spending eternity.  Otherwise....
(06-19-2014, 09:47 AM)J Michael Wrote:
(06-19-2014, 06:36 AM)Poche Wrote: Invoking the words of Pope Francis with regard to gays and lesbians, she wrote, "If someone is gay and is searching for the Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge

If a person is searching for the Lord and has good will then they are sorry for their sins, they are not in open rebellion with the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church and "yes" who are we to judge.

Unless I'm mistaken, what we are NOT to judge is the state of their heart and soul, and where they might be spending eternity.  Otherwise....

The pope's "who am I to judge ?"  was awfully blundering. Now the gay people are using it on every occasion.
Wasn't it more useful to say:
"Read 1 Corinthians 6:  ...Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men.../... will inherit the Kingdom of God". Then, who am I to judge?
(06-19-2014, 10:23 AM)maso Wrote:

The pope's "who am I to judge ?"  was awfully blundering. Now the gay people are using it on every occasion.
"Read 1 Corinthians 6:  ...Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men.../... will inherit the Kingdom of God". Then, who am I to judge?

Yer preechin' 2 da kwyer, my frend. :)

Much of what Pope Francis says is "blundering".  Given that he's obviously not a stupid man, I can't help but wonder how much of his blundering and ambiguity might just be intentional.  Or, maybe I'm wrong and he is a stupid man. ???  I know...he's South American, not an academic, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.  How much of this do we have to excuse from him, as a bishop (="watchman") whose primary duty is to defend and protect the Faith?

As for 1 Cor. 6, well, yes....That is totally applicable.........to those "...sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men..." who do NOT repent of their sins and continue to engage in their immorality.  There are, however, gay people (or is it more accurate to say "those with same-sex attraction"?) who have repented and do lead chaste lives.  But, I'm all too aware that the whole militant LBGT faction has leaped all over his statement like white on rice (or am I being "racist" now ??? :grin:?) as some kind of endorsement for their sinful agenda.

Anyway, as Beware the Ides said earlier, Pelosi "is long overdue for a clerical smack down  :fish:".  And one from the voters, too!!!

I don't think it is a blunder to deliberatly avoid stepping on the bruised reed or blowing out the smoldering candle.
(06-21-2014, 01:43 AM)Poche Wrote:
I don't think it is a blunder to deliberatly avoid stepping on the bruised reed or blowing out the smoldering candle.

What Poche said x2

But in regards to Nancy Pelosi and her ilk, I struggle mightilywith charity.