Instrumentum Laboris of the October Synod
Portions of the Instrumentum Laboris of the October Synod on "remarried" divorced and communion

Some of the language in this is a little disturbing to me.

canonically irregular situations?

Here is the link vvvvvvv

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/06...entum.html
I've skimmed through some sections of the document. I agree that this section highlighted by Rorate contains some disturbing passages, like suggesting somehow second unions must be canonically recognized (by the way, it seems from the reading that the problem stems from rather stubborn Catholics that demand the Church to say that they don't live in sin – so, the problem is much deeper than a laodicean hierarchy).
But the section on homosexuality is somewhat relieving. They don't seem to be after some recognition of SSM and in some passages even suggest that where civil ssm is recognized the Church must stand. Also, they seem worried about the gender ideology being taught to children, which is a real problem.
(06-27-2014, 11:41 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I've skimmed through some sections of the document. I agree that this section highlighted by Rorate contains some disturbing passages, like suggesting somehow second unions must be canonically recognized (by the way, it seems from the reading that the problem stems from rather stubborn Catholics that demand the Church to say that they don't live in sin – so, the problem is much deeper than a laodicean hierarchy).
But the section on homosexuality is somewhat relieving. They don't seem to be after some recognition of SSM and in some passages even suggest that where civil ssm is recognized the Church must stand. Also, they seem worried about the gender ideology being taught to children, which is a real problem.

Agreed it is strangely disturbing and refreshing all at the same time. I don't like the direction that marriage seems to be heading though.