More Evidence of Vatican dislike of Tradition:Booming Paraguay diocese under gun
(07-30-2014, 07:54 PM)Cetil Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 08:22 PM)Pacman Wrote: Do you think Pope Francis has any clue about the total failure of the mass of Paul VI to reinvigorate the Church?

A little noticed quote of Pope Francis in response to a question on the Orthodox Liturgy: "So beautiful. We [i.e., the Latin Christians] have lost a bit the sense of adoration, they conserve it, they praise God, they adore God, they sing, time does not count. The center is God and that is a richness that I would like to emphasize on this occasion as you ask me this question."

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...enter.html

C.

Though this news is exactly one year old, it still upsets me. The first impression I have is that this is the usual Pope Francis saying something nice about those with whom he is meeting. And also, it is another self laceration upon the Western Catholic Church, as if it had no light, no true beauty and adoration; and so we must import from the East (just like we must learn with Protestants, Jews, etc.).
The Western had light (and still has and, I'm sorry to say, no thanks to Francis).
(07-30-2014, 08:28 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(07-30-2014, 07:54 PM)Cetil Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 08:22 PM)Pacman Wrote: Do you think Pope Francis has any clue about the total failure of the mass of Paul VI to reinvigorate the Church?

A little noticed quote of Pope Francis in response to a question on the Orthodox Liturgy: "So beautiful. We [i.e., the Latin Christians] have lost a bit the sense of adoration, they conserve it, they praise God, they adore God, they sing, time does not count. The center is God and that is a richness that I would like to emphasize on this occasion as you ask me this question."

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...enter.html

C.

Though this news is exactly one year old, it still upsets me. The first impression I have is that this is the usual Pope Francis saying something nice about those with whom he is meeting. And also, it is another self laceration upon the Western Catholic Church, as if it had no light, no true beauty and adoration; and so we must import from the East (just like we must learn with Protestants, Jews, etc.).
The Western had light (and still has and, I'm sorry to say, no thanks to Francis).

I think it is anything but a comprehensive statement.  He said only: " we have lost a bit the sense of adoration" He did not say we had "no light, no true beauty and adoration".

C.
The Vatican has confirmed that all priestly ordinations have been suspended in the Diocese of Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, after a Vatican investigation of the diocese.

Father Federico Lombardi, the director of the Vatican press office, told reporters that Cardinal Santos Abril y Castello, who headed the Vatican investigation, was reporting his findings to Pope Francis. The Vatican spokesman said:

I can confirm that in the course of the visitation, Cardinal Santos Abril y Castelló cautioned Bishop Livieres against proceeding with further priestly ordinations. No other provisions were announced.
The Vatican investigation came after complaints that arose when it was revealed that Father Carlos Urrutigoity, who had been accused of sexual abuse while serving in the US, was acting as vicar general of the Ciudad del Este diocese. Father Urrutigoity was removed from that post shortly before the investigation formally began. However, he remains an active priest in the Paraguayan diocese, where officials note that the accusations against him have never been proven.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=22169
What beautiful iconography. I've never seen a Roman Rite seminary chapel with icons all over the walls. I wonder how that came to be?

(07-30-2014, 02:20 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: Here is a video of the visitation