signs of the times
Am I the only one who feels that it is no coincidence that we have Obama as President and Francis as Pope at this precise moment in history?
(07-17-2014, 07:49 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: Am I the only one who feels that it is no coincidence that we have Obama as President and Francis as Pope at this precise moment in history?

why should that be a coincidence?

surely you can't be thinking that Pope Francis is some sort of anti-Christ or something right?

I know he is very unpopular here because of his pastoral style and such but there has been worse

Presidents like Obama are nothing knew just as bad popes are nothing new. The important thing is to persevere in the faith.

God Bless
Arturo
Antichrist? No. Progressive with a man centered view of the world, Yes. Which plays well into the hands of the Progressives within western nations, and within the Church,  looking to alter the course of the world. There is a sea change occurring in the world which is palpable. And it seems the dominoes are all lining up.
Were a Traditional Pope sitting upon the Chair of St. Peter, I feel the situation would be different.
(07-18-2014, 08:52 AM)Dmorgan Wrote: Antichrist? No. Progressive with a man centered view of the world, Yes. Which plays well into the hands of the Progressives within western nations, and within the Church,  looking to alter the course of the world. There is a sea change occurring in the world which is palpable. And it seems the dominoes are all lining up.
Were a Traditional Pope sitting upon the Chair of St. Peter, I feel the situation would be different.

Perhaps.  But we don't.  And it isn't.
Neither Francis nor Obama are the anti-Christ but both in their own ways are types of him. Obama is just sheer evil and an open supporter of evil while Francis is yet another Pope seemingly focussed more on worldly issues and an intereligious dialogue that can only serve to hasten a syncretist one world religion where "salvation" is reduced to utopian idealism and religion becomes psychology. Neither are the so called "son of perdition" both if you look closely, both have traits that seem to give us a taste of what he'll be like. Like Obama and Francis the antichrist will be someone the world and many religious types adore and fall for. I'm convinced that the antichrist will be an antipope and at the end it will seem as if Rome has completely lost the faith. Remember it's said that at the end, if Christ should tarry "even the elect will be deceived". That's chilling to contemplate.
(07-18-2014, 11:33 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Neither Francis nor Obama are the anti-Christ but both in their own ways are types of him. Obama is just sheer evil and an open supporter of evil while Francis is yet another Pope seemingly focussed more on worldly issues and an intereligious dialogue that can only serve to hasten a syncretist one world religion where "salvation" is reduced to utopian idealism and religion becomes psychology. Neither are the so called "son of perdition" both if you look closely, both have traits that seem to give us a taste of what he'll be like. Like Obama and Francis the antichrist will be someone the world and many religious types adore and fall for. I'm convinced that the antichrist will be an antipope and at the end it will seem as if Rome has completely lost the faith. Remember it's said that at the end, if Christ should tarry "even the elect will be deceived". That's chilling to contemplate.

Yes, it is, indeed!  Hopefully He will not tarry!
Lets not leave out the rest of that Biblical quote since it is very impotant. To finsh it it says "if it were possibe".  Meaning that the elect will not be deceived.
There is a very good sermon about the anti-Christ on Roman10seventeen. There are many on there about the end times. All very good!!!
(07-18-2014, 11:33 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Neither Francis nor Obama are the anti-Christ but both in their own ways are types of him. Obama is just sheer evil and an open supporter of evil while Francis is yet another Pope seemingly focussed more on worldly issues and an intereligious dialogue that can only serve to hasten a syncretist one world religion where "salvation" is reduced to utopian idealism and religion becomes psychology. Neither are the so called "son of perdition" both if you look closely, both have traits that seem to give us a taste of what he'll be like. Like Obama and Francis the antichrist will be someone the world and many religious types adore and fall for. I'm convinced that the antichrist will be an antipope and at the end it will seem as if Rome has completely lost the faith. Remember it's said that at the end, if Christ should tarry "even the elect will be deceived". That's chilling to contemplate.

When was the last time a pope talked about the devil?