It's Over: Genocide Has Been Accomplished
(07-20-2014, 10:41 PM)salus Wrote: .............................and at the Vatican all they do is dialogue.        These groups should have reunited to Rome long ago, their stubbornness has put them at the mercy of these Muslim murderers.

Really? ??? :O  Do you think the Muslims distinguish between Christians united with Rome and those who are not?
(07-21-2014, 09:28 AM)J Michael Wrote:
(07-20-2014, 10:41 PM)salus Wrote: .............................and at the Vatican all they do is dialogue.        These groups should have reunited to Rome long ago, their stubbornness has put them at the mercy of these Muslim murderers.

Really? ??? :O  Do you think the Muslims distinguish between Christians united with Rome and those who are not?

I think he's under the mistaken impression that Rome protects its people in a way the Orthodox churches don't.
:'((

I don't even know what to say...
(07-21-2014, 09:29 AM)Dirigible Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 09:28 AM)J Michael Wrote:

I think he's under the mistaken impression that Rome protects its people in a way the Orthodox churches don't.

You got it!
This is really sad. Yesterday I prayed for them at Mass, and at Vespers the monks prayed quite explicitly for them.

Formerbuddhist, Pope Francis has said in an interview to a Spanish newspaper that he knows what's going on, and that today there are more martyrs than ever before, and even though he didn't go into the details, he said that this is the issue that most worries him.
I agree that he could do more, specially now that he has this charisma among most (nominal or not) Catholics and even non-Catholics. Maybe he thinks if he says something their situation will worsen.
Also, some Christians over there are indeed fighting. I once saw a video (couldn't find it now) on a young man that said he didn't even care if he dies: the Muslims beheaded his best friend and he saw. He was part of a group of Christians defending a town in Syria (he probably haven't met at the time with those ghastly sinners from ISIS), and even women are fighting.
We shouldn't judge them from afar, not even knowing the stories that hardly comes to us.
(07-21-2014, 12:31 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: This is really sad. Yesterday I prayed for them at Mass, and at Vespers the monks prayed quite explicitly for them.

Formerbuddhist, Pope Francis has said in an interview to a Spanish newspaper that he knows what's going on, and that today there are more martyrs than ever before, and even though he didn't go into the details, he said that this is the issue that most worries him.
I agree that he could do more, specially now that he has this charisma among most (nominal or not) Catholics and even non-Catholics. Maybe he thinks if he says something their situation will worsen.
Also, some Christians over there are indeed fighting. I once saw a video (couldn't find it now) on a young man that said he didn't even care if he dies: the Muslims beheaded his best friend and he saw. He was part of a group of Christians defending a town in Syria (he probably haven't met at the time with those ghastly sinners from ISIS), and even women are fighting.
We shouldn't judge them from afar, not even knowing the stories that hardly comes to us.

Well, let's all pray for their safety.
(07-21-2014, 07:33 AM)Dirigible Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 07:22 AM)austenbosten Wrote: This is depressing to read after coming from a horrible "Contemporary Folk Mass"  :((

What on God's earth is that?

Trust me...you don't want to know.