Save the Christians in Iraq

http://www.citizengo.org/en/9810-save-ir...-community

The last Christians fled Mosul, Iraq, running from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) demands to convert to Islam, leave, or die. Fleeing Mosul for their lives, they were robbed of all their belongings, forced to become refugees with only the clothes on their back.

Today, the world is witnessing the mass persecution of the Iraqi Christian population. Sadly, the international community has expressed very little concern about their fate, with few coming to their aid.

In the 21st Century, the world community cannot sit idle and allow genocide to occur. We must push for the international community to act on behalf of the Christians in Iraq.  Their survival depends on it!

In the 21st century, is it necessary to wait for a crime against humanity in order for the international community to act? Can we not learn from the lessons of the past?

After the US military pulled out of Iraq, the response to religious persecution by the International community has been totally inadequate and unacceptable. The UN did not release statements on what was happening in Mosul until the last Christian had left.  We can only wonder at this lack of urgency.

The brutality of ISIS is real, as this week alone: 1,500 families fled Mosul forced to become refugees; countless numbers of innocent people were murdered; extremists raped a mother and daughter because they could not afford to the pay the special Christian tax. 

Now it is being reported that ISIS issued a decree to force 4 million Iraqi women to undergo genital mutilation.

Why is this being tolerated? At what point will the United Nations be brave enough to protect the 1.5 million Iraqi Christians. The Arab League consists of 20 nations in which Iraq is one of them. Not a word from them.

Sign our petition to the United Nations and the Arab League demanding action. Iraqi Christians deserve their attention and deserve protection.

Murder, rape, mutilation, expulsion… the list of atrocities goes on and on… but, you now understand how dire the situation is.

The Christian community in Iraq needs a loud voice. They need citizens from all over the world to be their voice. 

Please use your voice to help end the systematic eradication of the Iraqi Christian population.

Sign the petition – save the Christian community in Iraq: http://www.citizengo.org/en/9810-save-ir...-community

Warmest regards,

Gregory Mertz and the whole CitizenGO team

Signed. Not that it'll do anything. But I might as well.
An appropriate prayer from the Catholic Truth Society, indulgenced in the 1930s. I think it is worth sharing on behalf of our Iraqi brethren.

Quote:Almighty, everlasting God, look with compassion on all those who suffer persecution for justice’ sake. Grant them grace to carry their cross with patience in the name of Thy beloved Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Let the chalice pass from them if such be Thy holy Will: yet, in all things, may Thy Will be done. Grant to those who persecute, light to see the truth, and the grace of mercy and forgiveness, for they know not what they do. Mary, Mother of Jesus, Comfort of the Afflicted, help thy children in their time of bitter trial. O Lord our God, by the sign of Thy holy cross deliver us from our enemies. Amen.
I know it's probably inappropriate but i found myself praying psalm 108 (LXX) and finding the words fit my sentiments towards the followers of Mahomet perfectly. I also found myself praying that the holy prophet Jonah whose tomb the cruel mohammedan barbarians smashed to stir up the wrath of God towards them and destroy every last stronghold of islam while bringing our brothers and sisters in Christ safely through this ordeal. May God arise and His enemies be scattered. Lets be honest folks, they know exactly what they are doing and as such they are not invincibly ignorant; they murder our Christian family with impunity and deliberately.and all with the sanction of a false god whose essence is cruelty and hate.