In Lourdes!
Not sure if this is the appropriate subforum.

Currently in Lourdes right now.  I'll be here maybe a week, at least. 

Trying to save money.  I'll be volunteering (but still have to pay them) for these guys while I'm here: http://en.lourdes-france.org/hndl/who-are-we

Any advice on staying here on the cheap, as far as food and laundry goes?  My accommodations are at about 10 euro a night with this group.
Oh, wow! Is it beautiful? What kind of volunteer work do you do? Are you going to visit the convent in Nevers, too? Don't they still have St. Bernadette's incorrupt body?
Please let me know if there are any prosthetic limbs left behind.  I am interested to know.
please say a prayer for my health
Please pray for me while you are at Lourdes.
(07-31-2014, 07:30 PM)Melkite Wrote: Please let me know if there are any prosthetic limbs left behind.  I am interested to know.

Um... I don't know. Who should I ask?  And what should I tell them when I get asked why I'm asking? :P

Poche, Chestertonian, I will do so. :)

(07-31-2014, 08:41 AM)Deidre Wrote: Oh, wow! Is it beautiful? What kind of volunteer work do you do? Are you going to visit the convent in Nevers, too? Don't they still have St. Bernadette's incorrupt body?

Yes, though, expectedly, it is touristy near the grotto.  I walked about 20 minutes to leave downtown in order to find better prices. 

Spent about 10 euro on provisions that may last me the next few days.  (Bread, sausage, olives, some utensils)

It's hard to say whether or not this place is more or less beautiful, since Mediterranean architecture is just generally beautiful.  :)

I like the region.  It reminds me of Mexico, which I haven't visited in nearly a decade.  Mountains... rocky, cold in the morning and night, warm in the day, fresh water springs in some places. :)

Anyways, lemme know if you guys have any more advice on saving money on food and laundry.

And if anyone else has visited already, any "insider" info would be appreciated.  :grin:

Merci!