Is the Pope Catholic?
(08-02-2014, 01:57 PM)Catholic-Booklady Wrote: What is one to believe?
How can one bring others into the church, by others I mean one's own children?
Should I say to my son, yes Pope Francis says it's ok to be an evangelical Baptist? 

Am I missing something here?

You're not missing anything, if you think the persecution of Pentecostals by the fascist regime in Italy -- which is what Pope Francis was talking about -- was a good thing.  Go ahead and tell your son, yes, it's ok to support the destruction of churches, and report people of other faiths so they'll be deported.  Certainly, you should stand up for what you believe.
(08-02-2014, 02:51 PM)agnes therese Wrote:
Should I say to my son, yes Pope Francis says it's ok to be an evangelical Baptist? 

You're not missing anything, if you think the persecution of Pentecostals by the fascist regime in Italy -- which is what Pope Francis was talking about -- was a good thing.  Go ahead and tell your son, yes, it's ok to support the destruction of churches, and report people of other faiths so they'll be deported.  Certainly, you should stand up for what you believe.

Why is the Pope apologizing for what the Fascist regime did? What the fascist regime did has NOTHING to do with the Church.

Seriously...is he going to apologize to the Tibetians for what the Chinese did?

Since when did the Catholic Church become the Mea Culpa Church...when does the pathetic grovelling and constant apologizing for everything that is of no fault to Holy Mother Church gonna stop???

And where in the Hell are the evangelicals apologizing for the times they persecuted Catholics? Does anyone still remember the Klan....I do.  >:(
(08-02-2014, 02:51 PM)agnes therese Wrote:

A very poor, and unkind answer to my serious questions.  First, there was no need for your sarcasm. Second, nowhere in the OP was there mention of persecution of anybody by fascists.  The article presented by the OP only mentions that the Pope went to meet an evangelical friend from Argentina.

Quote:    When no one knew anything about it yet, it was Francis who alerted them about his intention to go visit their Italian colleague in Caserta, and explained the reason: "To extend the apologies of the Catholic Church for the damage that has been done to them by obstructing the growth of their communities.”

Hope you don't respond to any of my queries in future! 
Sorry for duplicate.
If the Pope Francis isn't interested in the conversion of the Evangelicals, certainly he isn't interested in that of our Orthodox brothers and peculiarly that of Russia.
Then the consequences are tragic: He will not be the pope who will consecrate Russia according to our Lady's will.
Time is running shorter and shorter before oct. 1917 which in my opinion is the dead line.
And Russia looks to be more and more every day the country that will trigger the impending Chastisement.
(08-03-2014, 08:13 AM)maso Wrote: If the Pope Francis isn't interested in the conversion of the Evangelicals, certainly he isn't interested in that of our Orthodox brothers and peculiarly that of Russia.
Then the consequences are tragic: He will not be the pope who will consecrate Russia according to our Lady's will.
Time is running shorter and shorter before oct. 1917 which in my opinion is the dead line.
And Russia looks to be more and more every day the country that will trigger the impending Chastisement.

Russia looks more and more like a glimmer of hope.....and sadly its still Orthodox :(

Trust me, the West's chastisement will come from the same place it has always came as a result of our pathetic devotion to His Will....the infidel Mohammedans of the Middle East.
For my own part, if Bergoglio is Catholic, it's very difficult for me to see how anyone is not.
Res ipsa loquitur.
Yes, the Pope is Catholic...end of story....