Post Merits
Hi all,
I setup a post karma system that is anonymous now. Any problems, post'm here! Feel free to + my post links for props  Sticking tongue out at you  Sticking tongue out at you  Sticking tongue out at you  Sticking tongue out at you  Sticking tongue out at you
So, were the scores saved from before?
(08-05-2014, 08:51 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: So, were the scores saved from before?

The Fish Factors are saved, however Vox said they weren't appreciated much so I removed them without removing the post karma. The system needs some tweaks, but its there.
"Post karma"??  Is that the thumbs up and thumbs down thingys?  Or is it something else I've missed?

What's the "karma" bit?
(08-06-2014, 10:11 AM)J Michael Wrote: "Post karma"??  Is that the thumbs up and thumbs down thingys?  Or is it something else I've missed?

What's the "karma" bit?

Yes, that's the thumbs up thing lol!
(08-06-2014, 11:12 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 10:11 AM)J Michael Wrote: "Post karma"??  Is that the thumbs up and thumbs down thingys?  Or is it something else I've missed?

What's the "karma" bit?

Yes, that's the thumbs up thing lol!

Okay, thanks!

What's it got to do with the Hindu (i.e. pagan  Shocked Shocked Shocked) concept of "karma"?
It appears that the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons have caused the demise of the "Modify" button which allowed us to...modify what we had posted.  Personally, I'd *much* rather have the ability to modify a post than to vote on whether I like or dislike someone else's post.  Now, if it's possible to have both, even better!!
(08-06-2014, 01:00 PM)J Michael Wrote: It appears that the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons have caused the demise of the "Modify" button which allowed us to...modify what we had posted.  Personally, I'd *much* rather have the ability to modify a post than to vote on whether I like or dislike someone else's post.  Now, if it's possible to have both, even better!!

That's weird. Mine is still there and I saw some other people modifying their threads. I'll look into it, but check again on a post you just made. I think it only lets you modify if you posted within a few minutes.

(08-06-2014, 11:18 AM)J Michael Wrote: Okay, thanks!

What's it got to do with the Hindu (i.e. pagan  Shocked Shocked Shocked) concept of "karma"?

Honestly, I dunno. Just the name of the mod lol
(08-06-2014, 04:09 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 01:00 PM)J Michael Wrote: It appears that the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons have caused the demise of the "Modify" button which allowed us to...modify what we had posted.  Personally, I'd *much* rather have the ability to modify a post than to vote on whether I like or dislike someone else's post.  Now, if it's possible to have both, even better!!

That's weird. Mine is still there and I saw some other people modifying their threads. I'll look into it, but check again on a post you just made. I think it only lets you modify if you posted within a few minutes.

(08-06-2014, 11:18 AM)J Michael Wrote: Okay, thanks!

Honestly, I dunno. Just the name of the mod lol

Well, I haven't posted for a little while.  It used to let us modify for quite a long time--several hours at least, and I'm sure in a couple of instances I was able to do so even the following day.  Hmm...

So....I just posted this and yes, I CAN modify it--you are now reading the modification  Grin.  Let's see how long it lasts....
Looks like the modify button lasted about 15 minutes or so.