male bonding
What are the best ways for someone who is attracted to their own sex to find healthy ways of bonding with other men?  A straight guy's emotional needs will be different from an SSA guy's to an extent.  What kinds of bonding would straight guys be comfortable with that would also probably be fulfilling for SSA guys?
(08-16-2014, 08:00 AM)Melkite Wrote: What are the best ways for someone who is attracted to their own sex to find healthy ways of bonding with other men?  A straight guy's emotional needs will be different from an SSA guy's to an extent.  What kinds of bonding would straight guys be comfortable with that would also probably be fulfilling for SSA guys?

Dunno.

But as with anything in life, seems like "the basics" always need mastering.  So, in this case, "the basics" would be the dad and brother or brothers, and a healthy relationship with them.
(08-16-2014, 08:00 AM)Melkite Wrote: What are the best ways for someone who is attracted to their own sex to find healthy ways of bonding with other men?  A straight guy's emotional needs will be different from an SSA guy's to an extent.  What kinds of bonding would straight guys be comfortable with that would also probably be fulfilling for SSA guys?

I don't imagine that SSA is a particular impediment for normal male relationships so long as the one with SSA is capable of keeping their desires at bay.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
(08-16-2014, 08:58 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:

Dunno.

But as with anything in life, seems like "the basics" always need mastering.  So, in this case, "the basics" would be the dad and brother or brothers, and a healthy relationship with them.

If the family relationships are OK, then that could work.  Men who struggle with homosexual tendencies very often have particularly deep struggles with family- especially with their fathers, and perhaps with brothers as well.  They may be particularly vulnerable emotionally when around their family because of this.  The family is also likely to be less objective in helping them work through their struggles, because it's personal for them.  Also, the man has probably put up a particularly strong barrier to protect himself.  If they have circumstances such as these, I would recommend they look outside the family for support and affirmation first.  A group of good Catholic men who are committed to growing in holiness could be a place to start.
Well that's normal. Nothing to be ashamed of... !!!
Well, I have found that being around my fellow Catholic men has always produced very healthy friendships. Even if the guy is very attractive, I find that when I establish a brotherly/Christian relationship with a Catholic man, I don't experience much inappropriate attraction to him at all.