Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told

This documentary film is very well done and explains the history behind WWII, what really went on during the war, why Hitler was against the Jews, and argues against the Holocaust. By Holocaust, I mean the mass systematic extermination of six million Jews. This epic film is nearly six hours long and is worth every minute. I watched it in chunks at a time until I was done. There is even a clip of when Bishop Williamson gave his opinion about the Holocaust.

I urge you all to check the film out and discuss your thoughts on it here. I find it very compelling.
Yes, I've watched this. It's good information and reminds us how history is always written by the victors.
Whatever you think about Germany at that time is probably wrong. What we're taught in schools now must be similar to what was taught about Napoleon and other great emperors throughout history (great as in of the original sense).
This neo-Nazi garbage does not belong on a Catholic forum.  There is another forum calling itself Catholic (but which is actually an arm of a tiny schismatic sect called "the Resistance") that caters to neo-Nazi's; another one, for trads who regard themselves basically as Cathari (i.e., pure ones) but who are actually steeped in spiritual sins, has moderators with German usernames and avatars who get off on giving their members endearing German monikers.  Wink wink.

You picked the wrong forum to post this trash.  Fisheaters is for real Catholics.  Real Catholics are neither Nazis nor Nazi sympathizers.  We are not racial or ethnic supremacists and we do not condone, excuse, justify or minimize genocide.

Do you understand . . . "Slayer"?
Hey now Clare, that's a bit unfair. Slayer has expressed no political views and certainly no ethnic or racial supremacist views. You can hardly condemn Slayer for taking an interest in European history and, it's silly to suggest that Slayer is not a real Catholic for having such an interest.
Also, Germany has been a bulwark of Catholic culture for a long time, so it's only natural that this other forum you mention uses German stuff as a way to create a board culture. To reduce German culture merely 'neo-nazi' is horribly offensive to all Germans.

The video in question simply offers some overlooked or generally unknown facts about the life and work of an important figure in European history. There is no need to be upset.
(09-12-2014, 06:29 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: There is another forum [...] for trads who regard themselves basically as Cathari (i.e., pure ones) but who are actually steeped in spiritual sins, has moderators with German usernames and avatars who get off on giving their members endearing German monikers.  Wink wink.

I agree with your point about Neo-Nazism having no place on a Catholic forum. However, I seriously disagree with your characterization of the members of the trad forum described above. I find it personally offensive, since I'm a member of both forums. But even if I weren't a member of both, I would still think it an imprudent and uncharitable generalization to make. I could present the facts regarding your other other misconceptions (you know, the German thing), but I'm not sure whether you're interested.  Unsure
Deidre, I am descended from Oelkers and Deckers and they are lovely people.  In fact, they were the warm, human side of the family.  My great grandfather, August Oelker, was an accountant on Wall Street and had clocks all over the house.  I have one of his clocks above my icon shelf.  Very dear man and very German.

My Irish side is cold as ice.

However, given the reputation of trads as crypto-fascists, the German schtick is seriously imprudent, at best.
(09-12-2014, 12:46 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Deidre, I am descended from Oelkers and Deckers and they are lovely people.  In fact, they were the warm, human side of the family.  My great grandfather, August Oelker, was an accountant on Wall Street and had clocks all over the house.  I have one of his clocks above my icon shelf.  Very dear man and very German.

My Irish side is cold as ice.

However, given the reputation of trads as crypto-fascists, the German schtick is seriously imprudent, at best.

The idea that someone would jump to the conclusion that the forum in question supports neo-Nazism just because one of the mods there has a German username is pretty ridiculous. I have no idea why you would encourage such a misconception, since you realize, judging from your response, that German doesn't equal Nazi. If one of the mods changed his name to "Queso Cabeza," would people be justified in assuming that the forum favored drug cartels? And the poster ranks are taken from the ranks of the Swiss Guard. No neo-Nazism there.

Do you not want to address the "spiritual sins" comment?
(09-12-2014, 02:31 PM)Deidre Wrote: Do you not want to address the "spiritual sins" comment?

Detraction.

Gossip.

Rash judgment.

Spiritual pride.

Pharisaism.

Schism.
I love history, and loath historical misrepresentation as much as the next person (I'm English, I was force fed that 'Bloody Mary' nonsense), but why are Traditional Catholics in to this rubbish?

I am not getting at you at all, I used to follow this same kind of stuff myself, out of curiosity, and due to the influence of some influential traditional Catholics. You're on a learning process.

But as for other people (for the most part thankfully not associated with this forum) ...

The Jews do not control the world. There is presently a totalitarian ideology, and it is quite open about its intention to control the world, and it has made some advances already, and it is called political Islam.

I noticed recently that Fidel Castro said that Mossad were secretly behind the ISIL phenomenon. I just makes you want to bang your head against the wall.

There is a rather toxic Catholic group I used to subscribe to in Scotland, whom I have nothing to do with now (based on a horrible disagreement). Apart from their general heartless reactionary doctrinaire authoritarianism (which many, if not most Trads are inclined to), they published an article intimating that everything that is happening in the Middle East is the State of Israel's fault. It's just not true and it makes me ill.

I'm certainly no modernist. I understand the crisis in the Church, and I know that modern Judaism is not fullness of the True Religion, which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But honestly, I don't think the State of Israel and world Jewry is the cause of all the evil in the universe. Bishop Fellay doesn't subscribe to this. Bishop Williamson is not far off, and thank heavens +Fellay had the mind to expel him.

Of course, Islamists supported Hitler and vice versa. Always remember that. And contemporary Jew bashers in the West are increasingly more radical leftists.

(09-12-2014, 02:46 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 02:31 PM)Deidre Wrote: Do you not want to address the "spiritual sins" comment?

Detraction.

Gossip.

Rash judgment.

Spiritual pride.

Pharisaism.

Schism.

It just seems like painting the forum with pretty broad brush to say that it's "for" people who are guilty of these kinds of sins. Are there people there who do some of those things? Probably. But I wouldn't say that all of the members do, or even the majority. There were some really unpleasant people there at one time, but they (including the only one whom I would consider a Neo-Nazi) were banned, so the place is much more pleasant now. Now, do a lot of the posters have a fondness for the German language? Yes, unfortunately (I prefer French and Italian).