Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed.
It's not your club membership that makes a difference to your salvation, except the One Club, the Catholic Church, which has a head, the Pope, and bishops and priests under him. That's it. Thus the choice is not between Pope Francis and SSPX: it is between the Catholic Church and anything else.
Now, the mere fact that Pope Francis is the Pope of the Catholic Church does not at all mean that he is good, holy, even decent. He could be (and I think he is) clueless, misguided, and destructive. He also has zero effect on my life as a Catholic, because where I go to church the priest is FSSP, the doctrine perfect, the liturgy perfect. So unless you are affected by Pope Francis in some way, I suggest you stay wherever you are (including if you already are with the SSPX) and not make radical changes in your 'status' one way or another just because you have a bad pope and all the bad bishops are getting red hats, and all the good guys are getting farmed out. This kind of thing has happened before and will, sadly, happen again in the history of the Church. So, the real choice I think is Catholic Church and Sede. The rest is just people trying to use teh fact of a bad pope to make changes that they feel badly about for some other reason.
But there is one good thing in this: there is no more illusion of peace and unity. Lines are being drawn in the sand in Rome. Finally.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed. - by Maldon - 09-18-2014, 12:04 PM