Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed.
(09-18-2014, 05:42 PM)Sequentia Wrote:
(09-18-2014, 12:21 PM)demoslider Wrote: How can Orthodoxy be a logical option? They already allow divorce and remarriage.

I have always wondered why the Orthodox allow divorce, especially when Jesus speaks about it in Matthew 19. The Orthodox consider the "Roman Church" to be completely legalistic (that's generally all that internet Orthodox complain about to Catholics; definitely some of the rudest Christians online). Being pro-divorce and even encouraging it has made me realize that the Orthodox Church has zero credibility. Not to mention that heresy of phyletism that they tend to promote.

I hope Papa Francisco rethinks this decision with regards to Cardinal Burke and other clergy who are promoting the traditional EF Mass.

That's just simply not true. The Orthodox do not encourage divorce and phyletism is a condemned heresy. I get it this is a Catholic forum but that doesn't mean you should spread falsehoods.  :shame:

As to the question of divorce and remarriage the Catholic Church allowed divorce with a second and in extenuating circumstances a third marriage for at the very least 600 years. Even as late at the 15th century it was not considered an obstacle to reunion with the Orthodox. If the Catholic Church allowed it again it would simply be returning to a practice far more ancient than the current system of annulment. No matter what some Catholics seem to think history did not being in 1545.  8-)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed. - by Silouan - 09-18-2014, 10:37 PM