Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed.
Maldon. Thank you for replying to my posts. Reading your insights gives me hope for the future even if things appear bleak at this time. I read somewhere that 50% of the masses said in France are in the EF. I am skeptical that it is as high as 50%, although if you combine all of the TLM's in all of the traditional organizations inside as well as outside of the church, coupled with the fact that attendance in the NO form is at an all time low, that may be possible.

One area where I may somewhat disagree with you is your advice not to jump ship.  As I mentioned in my previous post, we will continue to attend the diocesan TLM's  so long as the pope does not abrogate SP, or create conditions inside the church that render SP unenforceable. I believe that we need to work from within and outside of the church to restore tradition, and all of the clergy and laity in all of the traditionalists organizations are brothers and sisters in tradition. When Jesus said "the gates of hell shall not prevail against the church", I believe that to be true. However, the governing body of the church may not be headquartered in Rome forever. Let say that Rome completely goes off the rails, while other organizations, i.e. possibly the SSPX,  maintains the traditional teachings of the church. Then fast forward 500 years into the future when Rome is collapsed spiritually, morally and financially and is Catholic in name only, while tradition is robust and popular.  In that case, the "church" left standing gets to write and interpret the history, and apologists in the future could explain how succession was maintained from St. Peter through the leaders of the future, and thus the gates of hell will not have prevailed.  I agree with you that the church is not yet at that point, but I see organizations such as the SSPX as an insurance policy.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed. - by Geographer - 09-21-2014, 09:11 PM