Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed.
(09-19-2014, 12:52 PM)maldon Wrote: I agree with you, formerbuddhist. In many ways, it was worse in the last 50 years than it is now.

I would like to have the issue of Orthodox views East-West/ etc. explained by an Orthodox member if we have one, or someone who was Orthodox. In another thread, not this one!

Also, you know, a lot of really terrible things can happen in the Church by men of the cloth. The history of the Church is riddled with details of assassinations, bastard children, mistresses, Renaissance popes trying to be like pagan Roman emperors. The issue is the Blessed Sacrament. The issue is, do we have the Blessed Sacrament? Do we have priests? If a pope were to introduce laws that certainly invalidated the Eucharist, and did so with that intent, or ditto with priestly ordinations (and I am not talking about nitpicking over details that popes can change and alter), then we have a problem, and even then, the problem would not so much be a "membership" problem, but it would be our problem to know lineage, to know whether a priest is validly ordained or not. And again, I am not talking about abuses of a system. We have those, yes. I mean if a pope were to alter the law, the letter of the law itself to willfully remove the sacramental priesthood, then we would have a problem, but as I said, it would be a practical problem, not a theoretical, membership/group problem, and no, he won't do this anyway. They are too old and too inefficient, and the worst of them spend too much of their free time in gay bars instead of working away at night like older-generation secular humanist cardinals (like Wolseley). And the generation of younger, traditional priests is too large and formidable. An open battle would be a loss for the enemy. All kinds of good groups out there that are not even Trad groups would turn trad in an open battle. And there are too many good cardinals, Caffara, Burke, Ranjith, etc. These guys are not stupid. And the rotten ones know this. And the pope knows this. I think the rotters are just having a last hurrah and will expend themselves in acts of belittlement, in little acts of cruelty and insensitivity towards those to whom the future belongs.
Just think: in Quebec City, a place that sent more missionaries out to the world per capita than any country in the world after Ireland in the 50s, there will be about 6 churches open by 2020. This is what will happen. Emptiness. And the emptiness will be filled by the younger, better priests in groups that today are sidelined and maligned. It will happen in France first, is indeed happening. In the worst places, the improvements will be seen fastest. In Quebec, who is going to pay for all the archdiocesan infrastructure? Not the Quebecois. Not the sidelined groups. It will fall. Venerable, beautiful old buildings formerly dedicated to the worship of God and the teaching of seminarians and Catholic children will continue the process of being turned into secular university buildings, and government buildings, and, yes, condos. Gotta love the older generations of Quebecois that abandoned their Churches only to return to live in the same buildings once converted into secular condos. There's no place like home. And when the dust settles, out they will come. Catholics will still need Mass, and there will be, at least in Quebec, pretty much only the FSSP, the SSPX, Opus Dei, and the Dominicans (for some reason we seem to have a good batch of young, traditional Dominicans, go figure).
My point is that if you look at the worst places, you can see what will happen there and you can then see what will happen in Rome: they will cut, cut out and sideline good men, good cardinals, cut costs, dicasteries and bureaus and offices and congregations will be fusioned, joined up, to cut costs and so that there will actually be people in them, just like what they are doing to the parishes. Cut, close, fusion, cut costs, sideline the good guys, and then . . . die out. In Quebec they speak of "managing the shrinking". That is what we will see. So the removal of the Athanasius of today, Cardinal Burke, is part of the process of death of dead wood that has to happen before he returns to cultivate the growth that will come in the future Church, "smaller and more purified" as former Cardinal Ratzinger had said, to the consternation of all the Springtimers.

Here is this to add:  It is a sermon about Pope Stephen VII.  Don't jump ship.

http://files.audiosancto.org/20131020-Ch...-Point.mp3

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disturbing yet unsurprising. Cardinal Burke being removed. - by Tantum Ergo Sacramentum - 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM