ISIS: Israeli Secret Intelligence Service
(09-20-2014, 08:41 PM)austenbosten Wrote: and what are we arguing?
Whether ISIS is Israeli or Muslim
(09-20-2014, 08:41 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Just saying ad hominem does not make sense, unless we are in an actual debate.
It's self-evident that ISIS is Muslim?
Everything you said Geremia makes no sense. I made no statement regarding that.

I will say however, it would be interesting to see how the "little Devil" (as Islamic Fundamentalists usually refer Israel to) could influence many Arabs to die for a forlorn cause.
I suspect that, although ISIS is principally composed of Islamist crazies and its ideology is violently opposed to Zionism, ISIS actually works to serve the interests of Israel in the region, whether it knows so or not. It is well-known, for example, that although Saudi Arabia does not have diplomatic relations with Israel, it is a de facto ally of the Jewish state. They share the same enemies, and both are firmly within the American sphere of influence, dating back to the Cold War.

In the case of ISIS, it provides a boon to Israel by weakening Syria, which under Assad was a hostile, secular nationalist state that posed significant risk to the Jewish state's interests, and which had longstanding grievances (e.g. over the Golan Heights). There really is no chance that ISIS will ever be able to field a modern army that threatens Israeli national survival, so supporting it in the short term is an effective way to weaken and destabilize surrounding countries that are aligned with Iran.

In the case of Iraq, it is in the interest of Israel to dislodge it from the bosom of Iran, and even to break the country up so as to weaken the likelihood of any sort of united front against Israel in the future. The sectarian and ethnic divides in Iraq are profound, and the crisis of ISIS is providing new opportunities. For example, an independent Kurdistan is looking more likely, and it would probably be an ally of Israel against the Arab states. Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu has even come out in public support for Kurdish independence:

http://forward.com/articles/201681/why-i...kurdistan/
If I were an Israeli, I would cautiously support ISIS as a means of further crippling Syria, as a means of threatening Hezbollah strongholds in Lebanon, as a means of countering Iran's influence, as a means of creating the impetus for a fully-sovereign Kurdistan to serve as a friend in a hostile region.

Even if ISIS cannot provide a lasting threat to Israel's enemies (it seems inherently unstable), at the very least it is destroying infrastructure that will take many years to rebuild and is decimating whole generations of Iraqis and Syrians. And ISIS is doing a great job shaping public perception about Islam, and about Israel as a friend against this common enemy. Even Sen. Ted Cruz recently used a summit on Christian genocide at the hands of ISIS to call for support of Israel against her enemies.

On the whole, I would think ISIS is probably beneficial for Israel in crafting a narrative of self-defense that will eventually allow the Jewish State to avert a two-state solution and permit full annexation of the West Bank.
If you are interested in Jews and Judaizers rejoicing over what ISIS is doing, there are in fact several organizations of Jews, in Israel and even in the United States, that see the recent developments as basically positive. The organizations descending from the work of Rabbi Meir Kahane, like Kach, the Jewish Defense League, and the Jewish Task Force are good examples. The last organization, the JTF, has an internet forum that is as bad as Stormfront. Check it out:

https://jtf.org/forum/index.php?topic=76404.0

For those of an intellectual bent, here is a more thought-out Machiavellian program for Jewish national survival against hostile neighbors:

http://samsonblinded.org/blog/shohers-book/
http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Blinded-Mac...1847282180
Thanks for the resources, Cyriacus
(09-20-2014, 11:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I made no statement regarding that.
Then I have a hard time not seeing all your posts here as non sequiturs; please substantiate your objections. thanks
Arguing that ISIS is Israeli has got to be among the dumbest things I have ever heard.
(10-03-2014, 12:49 PM)cbd94 Wrote: Arguing that ISIS is Israeli has got to be among the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Cui bono?