Big Fan of Voris. Done with the "Lesé-majesté " policy

Mr. Voris doesn't talk about the Pope because, if I understand things correctly (and I paraphrase), there's nothing anyone can do about a Pope. With Bishops and Cardinals and priests and such, there's a place to which we can appeal; with a Pope, there isn't. He is also concerned about people throwing out the baby with the bathwater when it comes to discussing what the Popes are up to.  Me, I take a different tack, but I understand his concerns (esp. after having done what I do for the past 20 years or so, and watching people do just that -- overestimating papal infallibility, mistaking infallibility for impeccability, etc.), and my take is that there's room enough for everyone at the "Catholic apostolate table." I mean, if we all were to do what the next guy does, it'd get boring fast, eh?

I think Mr. Voris does a fantabulous job focusing on what he does focus on (and now he has Christine Niles on his team, a woman I admire very, very much. And she's going to do stuff on camera in the next few weeks!). So power to ChurchMilitantTV, IMO!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Big Fan of Voris. Done with the "Lesé-majesté " policy - by VoxClamantis - 09-20-2014, 08:49 AM